Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS : Hosted by Tony Perrone (Tony P)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums - Forum 24 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Mike DeTorrice
Posted On: Saturday February 20, 2010 at 3:56 PM

Here are snaps of Maisto's 1/24 (actually, it's listed as a 1/26) 1965 Buick Riviera. This one is very low priced and details are understandably sparse. It's real pluses are : it's very smooth and nicely done metallic paint job, it's very low price (several color schemes are available) and the very fact that it's a diecast model of the beautiful 1965 Buick Riviera.

This model can be improved in several ways : (1) I blackwashed the grille and this really helps the front end look. (2) I used some transparent red to color the tail-light areas in the bumper.

Finally, the major improvement this replica could have would be improved tires and wheels. Here, I have only digitized in the improved wheels in the second image (using images of Highway 61's magnificent 1/18 1964 Riviera diecast).

The stance on the model would be a wonderful step up if such wheels were available in 1/24 or featured by Maisto in future versions.

The first picture is the '65 Riv with standard wheels and the second snap has H61 wheels added in the computer. The rest of the pictures are my '65 Riviera with only my blackwashed grille and tail-lights.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Mike

Go back to Diecast Forums - Forum 24 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

(Pics) A 1965 Buick Riviera in 1/24 by Mike DeTorrice #29729
Mike...those are great pics! And nice work on the improvements you made. by George Schire #29729.1
Thanks, George. I also think the gorgeous by Mike DeTorrice #29729.1.1
Mike you have made this pricepoint model look outstanding by Bob Jackman #29729.1.1.1
Thanks, Bob. (EOM) by Mike DeTorrice #29729.1.1.1.1
Mike, you have a knack for turning glass into diamonds......nice model (EOM) by Paul Theriot #29729.2Moderator
nice job Mike - i really enjoy someone's willingness to make changes (EOM) by Ron Dietrich #29729.3
Mike how does it measure up to a 1:24th scale??? by Phil Realmuto #29729.4
I have a silver and black one. It is quite small. Looks to me more like 1:27. (EOM) by Douglas Ford #29729.4.1
It's about 1/26.2 in wheelbase .......very close to the advertised by Mike DeTorrice #29729.4.2
It really is puzzling why one of the Mints hasn't made a Riviera. (EOM) by Ron Herman #29729.5
It's not puzzling, Ron, it's ............ by Phil Realmuto #29729.5.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2014 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone