Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS : Hosted by Tony Perrone (Tony P)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums - Forum 24 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Bob Werner
Posted On: Tuesday October 10, 2017 at 5:39 PM

This 1:24 scale MotorMax "1940" Ford Coupe is one of two MotorMax '40 Fords that I own. My first one, a little different in color than the one shown, was detailed and carpeted to improve its appearance. MotorMax did a poor job in recreating the original lines, proportions and parts of a true 1940 Ford. Notice the headlights, the angle of the hood to the windshield, the back window and the curvature of the rear. Even the taillights are wrong. With my second copy of this MotorMax model, I decided to lower the car as much as possible and to detail the engine more by painting the entire block, including under the chassis. The real glaring problems with these MotorMax 1940 Ford Coupe models can be seen clearly by comparing them to a 50+ years old plastic model AMT 3 in 1 kit car that I acquired from a friend in the 60s which he had built and that I will begin restoring. "Black Jack" looks like the real deal even though it needs an engine, be it another flathead or a modern overhead valve V8. Its lines are accurate. Its proportions are accurate. And its shape is spot on 1940 Ford.

Thanks for looking...

Go back to Diecast Forums - Forum 24 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

'40 Fords, sort of by Bob Werner #52252
I kind of like them 'both' anyway. (EOM) by Billy Collins #52252.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2017 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone