Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS : Hosted by Tony Perrone (Tony P)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums - Forum 24 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Mark Millar
Posted On: Wednesday May 16, 2018 at 7:02 AM

Times certainly change, I think the Masterpiece series was introduced around,
2000 at a cost of around 25 to 30 dollars. I have several offerings including a 1962 Impala, 1962 Pontiac, 1966 or 67 Riviera just to name a few.
IMHO, the detail was great, the offerings were popular and the price was very affordable. Of course, the series is no longer produced and maybe that is because of the price.
That being said, Automodelo makes several highly desirable models at a cost of three to four hundred dollars each, sadly way out of my tax bracket.
Has the cost gone up that much? I know my income sure has not.
I do understand Automodelo is a small start up company and costs must be amortized especially not knowing what type of volumes will sell, but it would seem some of the larger companies might consider producing old promotional models at a substantially lesser cost.
I would buy almost every offering with a target of give or take 50 dollars.

Go back to Diecast Forums - Forum 24 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

In my collection Tuesday by Walter Kramer #53010
I like Yellow ..... Yellow is Good (EOM) by Dennis Mong #53010.1
Nice. (EOM) by Billy Collins #53010.2
yellow is good!! by William McElfresh #53010.3
LOL Love it that is quite a nice collection there (EOM) by Walter Kramer #53010.3.1
Love it. I'd prefer black interior though. But great model. (EOM) by George Schire #53010.4
Yep, gotta love it in yellow. (EOM) by Duncan Pohl #53010.5
Times certainly change, I think the Masterpiece series was introduced around, by Mark Millar #53010.5.1
I always like the look of this body style. Very nice. (EOM) by John Merritt #53010.6

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2018 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone