Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by Paul Theriot, Devoted Collector (Paul T)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 18 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Robert Lawhn
Posted On: Saturday March 3, 2012 at 5:04 PM

I will pile on too. Last Thanksgiving, I and my wife
went to Green Bay to visit her 38 yr old son who is shacked up with his girlfriend. He and the girl are good people with professional jobs but buy their clothes at thrift stores because they see new clothes as vain. My wife took her son to Kohl's to get him clothes as his Christmas present. Him going to Kohls is like me going to one of the men's shops at the Bellagio. After shopping he headed to an AT&T store to buy the latest gadget phone. As I watched football that evening, he and the girl were engrossed in that damn phone. I pointed out that their English Bulldog had pooped in his bed and her son said "I'll clean it tomorrow". That says it all!!!

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 18 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

...A little story: A month or so ago, my neighbor and her nine year old grandson came over to visit by Ken Allen #20470
Ken..when I was about 10 / 11 my Grandpa and Grandma took me over by Steve Jacobs #20470.1
All Hobbys will die in the future by Glenn Swanson #20470.2
I guess that's why I enjoy car shows so much. Not to only look, but to talk to the owners by Steve Jacobs #20470.2.1
Glenn, it's funny you mentioned. My step daughter and her husband are in their late forties and are by Ken Allen #20470.2.2
Kids that have been raised on the color and constant action of video games often don't know......... by Gene Herman #20470.3
It's sad, but too many kids today don't have imagination. They have to be "entertained" with . . . by Jim Schultz #20470.4
I will pile on too. Last Thanksgiving, I and my wife by Robert Lawhn #20470.5
I don't have an iPhone and never will. by Jack Wells #20470.5.1
Yeah, all this dab nabbed modern technology really sux! I mean why do I need an iPhone? by Marlowe Johnson #20470.6
Off subject..kinda..anybody ever have the Mattel Vacuform?? by Steve Jacobs #20470.6.1
PICS - Steve, I have two AMT Turnpikes and I also have the Kenner Girder and Bridge set. by Marlowe Johnson #20470.6.1.1
A tip 'a my hat to you for still having them! I LOVED those 'toys'! (EOM) by Steve Jacobs #20470.6.1.1.1
Hehe! You're giving me too much credit! I bought all of 'em through eBay! by Marlowe Johnson #20470.6.1.1.1.1
Ingenius..I never thought of trying to turn my love of toys into a way by Steve Jacobs #20470.6.1.1.1.1.1
Steve, there's an AMT Turnpike on eBay for sale right now. It is probably the best I've ever seen. by Marlowe Johnson #20470.6.1.1.1.1.1.1
Holy turnpikes Batman..where does he get those wonderful toys...Wow, by Steve Jacobs #20470.6.1.1.1.1.1.1.1
I never had the AMT Turnpike when I was a kid (not that I didn't WANT one in the worst way)......... by Gene Herman #20470.6.1.1.2
Sorry to hear that Gene. You must have been strong arming those girders! by Steve Jacobs #20470.6.1.1.2.1
I had a Mattel Vac-U-Form. It was a lot of fun. I remember how the plastic sheet fit into place by Lawrence Kalfayan #20470.6.1.2
Your use of modern electronic techology is distinguished from the stories posted immediately above by Lawrence Kalfayan #20470.6.2
Lol..Ken..look what you started now..?? (EOM) by Steve Jacobs #20470.7

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2014 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone