Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by Paul Theriot, Devoted Collector (Paul T)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 18 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Paul Theriot Moderator
Posted On: Wednesday December 6, 2017 at 7:11 PM

Déjà vu............I did a post here about two years ago about how
lucky I was that both houses I grew up in Southern California were still there and nothing has changed at all in 60 years. (Hollywod Hills and Mandeville Canyon near Bel Air)

I also mentioned that I fought in the 1961 Bel Air fire that was the biggest fire in LA history in terms of losing homes (about 488 homes) mostly million dollar mansions (now they range from 3 to 30 million and more). The fire reached the 405 Freeway from the east and jumped the 405 freeway and Sepulveda Blvd......heading towards Mandeville Canyon.

We held the fire line to the last ridge before Mandeville Canyon........I thought we were going to lose our house.
all of a sudden the Santa Ana winds died down and we managed to halt the fire.

It is the exact same fire and wind conditions today.........we are hoping it will stop in the same place as it did in 1961...........prayers for all those affected.

California has really taken a big hit this year.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 18 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Déjà vu............I did a post here about two years ago about how by Paul Theriot #28125Moderator
My prayers are with those who have lost so much and that by Bob Jackman #28125.1
I can't say it any better. (EOM) by Christopher Moroni #28125.1.1
+ 1 ... Amen (EOM) by Dennis Mong #28125.1.1.1
Interesting personal persepective. Yep, it's all about the winds. Praying for everyone. (EOM) by Al Dorado #28125.2
Prayers for all those affected by these scary huge fires. (EOM) by Bob Ilsley #28125.3
Thinking of you and others out there, Paul, and hoping for the best. (EOM) by Mark Sweeney #28125.4

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2018 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone