Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by Gene Parrill
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums – Forum 43 – Diecast Zone

Posted By: David Crowe
Posted On: Monday September 23, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Reluctantly I am bringing this to the attention of all who read this board in an effort to prevent anyone else from going through the same experience. Well over three years ago I sent $600 to John Arnold Models for a custom 1957 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham, a replica of the car built for the Rockefeller family. It was written about on this board at that time. Since then I have been given multiple estimates for delivery time, none of which has been accurate. This summer I started asking politely for a refund due to the wait. One email went unanswered. My most recent request was answered rudely by Carissa Tedesca, apparently associated with John Arnold. Here is her response to my request for a refund:

The solution we propose is that you wait patiently for your model, which is nearing completion. When you receive it, you will marvel at it's detail and be thankful you have another masterpiece in your collection.
In the meantime, refrain from making unreasonable demands and let us continue to do our work.
To avoid any more nonsense, we're blocking your e-mails, however you will receive a UPS tracking notification when the model is shipped. What you choose to do with the model after you receive it is up to you.

Her lack of business ethics and etiquette is appalling. She has blocked MY emails! She refers to my request for a refund as unreasonable and calls my inquiries nonsense.

So if anyone is considering using the service of or purchasing from John Arnold Models, beware. I don’t like posting negative information like this, but the reply I received is really offensive.

Did anyone else here order the Rockefeller Brougham? Did anyone recieve one?

Go back to Diecast Forums – Forum 43 – Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Bad experience with John Arnold Models by David Crowe #16442
David, You are not alone ! I have been more then patient for ever for my 2 models ! (EOM) by Randy Bahler #16442.1
The arrogance in that email response is absolutely amazing. by Rick Thompson #16442.2
I have another horror story to add later when I can. by Jeffery Lane #16442.3
Not in my case by John Fenlason #16442.3.1
I would call the local police department to report fraud. See how they react then. (EOM) by Albert Kopans #16442.4
I have a better idea ! A surprise visit by I don't know..............a pissed off ME ! (EOM) by Randy Bahler #16442.4.1
File a fee dispute with the Credit Card COmpany-they'll take care of it. (EOM) by Jeffery Lane #16442.5
It was paid with a postal money order, over 3 years ago. No recourse after this long with USPS. (EOM) by David Crowe #16442.5.1
Is that the car with the padded roof and the oval backlight? (EOM) by Lloyd Mecca #16442.6
Yes. (EOM) by David Crowe #16442.6.1
David....... by Lloyd Mecca #16442.6.1.1
Lloyd, I assume this is the Cadillac you are referring to: by Ed Lockyer #16442.6.1.1.1
In February 2009 I contacted Mr. Arnold about by Joop Gisbers #16442.6.1.1.1.1
Yes, it is. Thought I had a pic. Apparently not. Thanks! (EOM) by Lloyd Mecca #16442.6.1.1.1.2
(PIC) There was also this Rockefeller Cadillac... by Lloyd Mecca #16442.6.1.1.1.2.1
(PIC) and Nelson's 1962... by Lloyd Mecca #16442.6.1.1.1.2.1.1
Here's another Rockefeller Cadillac, a 1962 Park Avenue by David Crowe #16442.6.1.1.1.2.1.1.1
Can anybody tell me the exact colour of this "reddish" Cadillac?My closest guess is Dakotah Red. (EOM) by Ed Lockyer #16442.6.1.1.1.2.2
(PIC) Ed, it is a custom color maroon which is a color associated with the by Lloyd Mecca #16442.6.1.1.1.2.2.1
Excellent Lloyd,exactly what I required. (EOM) by Ed Lockyer #16442.6.1.1.1.2.2.1.1
Refund by John Fenlason #16442.7
I have found over the years that Perfectionists ALL have this problem by Tom Ciryak #16442.8
Agreed by John Fenlason #16442.8.1
John Arnald Models by William Martin #16442.9

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2014 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone