Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by Gene Parrill
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: David Holcombe
Posted On: Sunday December 3, 2017 at 5:31 PM

From its origins about 35 years ago, a just-completed Mikansue Triumph Mayflower. (pics)
Here's how it started:

Which eventually became:

and, finally, let the party begin:

And the proud owners are inside (and very hard to photograph):

The Triumph Mayflower is a British four-seat  1 1⁄4 litre small luxury car noted for its razor-edge styling. It was built by the Standard Motor Company and sold by Standard's subsidiary, The Triumph Motor Company. It was announced at the October 1949 British International Motor Show, but deliveries did not commence until the middle of 1950. The Mayflower was manufactured from 1949 until 1953. Sales did not meet company expectations.

Some may have noticed the figures are a little different. These just arrived from England; they were made of white metal by A.B.S. Models in 1:43 scale. (The dog is an old timer who just can't resist sniffing out a new possibility.)

PS- I have had a lot of fun the last few weeks working with this older white metal model, and it could still have a few small changes. I'm trying to learn two-toning techniques, and I'm also thinking of swapping these black tires for white walls. Eventually, maybe . . .

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

From its origins about 35 years ago, a just-completed Mikansue Triumph Mayflower. (pics) by David Holcombe #23398
What a great car! Thanks for the photos and story (and lil' people)! (EOM) by Karl Schnelle #23398.1
David, a little charmer! I like the colour scheme you chose. With these by Randall Olson #23398.2
Have always used BM to mask for eons best you can get. (EOM) by Paul Patterson #23398.2.1
I've used clear Scotch tape on occasion as it seems to be by John Quilter #23398.2.2
BMF is great for masking complicated break lines or for small irregular areas. by Graeme Ogg #23398.2.3
And Speaking of Mikansue kits I am about to begin a 1940 LaSalle by John Quilter #23398.3
John, I look forward to your results. I have built a few of these Mikansue models by David Holcombe #23398.3.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2018 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone