Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by Gene Parrill
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Randall Olson
Posted On: Monday December 4, 2017 at 12:52 AM

John, your Lincoln is Madison No 2 issued in 1988. It was made by SMTS
(Scale Model Technical Services) of the UK for Henk Van Asten's Fa. Daimler House of Holland. Henk was the originator of Conquest, Madison, and Light Duty Models. Many of his models continue to be issued and re-mastered in different body styles by Buz Kirkel's Route66modelcarstore.com.

Henk also did a convertible of this model which is quite similar to Brooklin Models' effort. As Ed mentions and I think you have offered photos of it before, Brooklin also made a 2dr hardtop.

In addition to the racy black on red number in your photos, Madison's sedan was available in a metallic brown body and cream top. I really liked these models too and devoted several pages to them in my first book, Ford in Miniature.

Also, I should mention the '57 4dr hardtop Madison No8 which was recently reissued by Buz with an improved level of detail. This car, of course bore some resemblance to the Batmobile and the Futura Dream car!

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

PICs - Occasional Dose of Diecast - Sunday by John Merritt #23397
I've been toying with getting the BRK Lincoln convertible to go with my hardtop. by Ed Glorius #23397.1
Thanks for posting this Lincoln, John. I am not familiar with the model. The by David Holcombe #23397.2
The four door sedan is a really appealing model. (EOM) by David Crowe #23397.3
That "greenhouse" is a marvel of complexity. Very skillful pattern maker. The other details by Randall Olson #23397.4
I know just about nothing about the model. It does look like an older by John Merritt #23397.4.1
John, your Lincoln is Madison No 2 issued in 1988. It was made by SMTS by Randall Olson #23397.4.1.1
Thank-you Randall. I will update my database with the info. (EOM) by John Merritt #23397.4.1.1.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2018 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone