Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by Gene Parrill
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: David Holcombe
Posted On: Saturday January 26, 2008 at 7:32 AM

Just a little larger than the Morris is this 1924 Tootsietoy coupe; it resembled a Buick 50 of the time, but was not identified as such. The Buick was the fifth Tootsie car produced, and it remained in production from 1924 into 1933. Note: no headlights. Single casting, 76 mm long, and built from the first with the "Disteel" wheels, which in 1923 replaced the earlier spoked wheels on Tootsie vehicles.

Chris, the earliest moving parts I know of on a Tootsie was the hinged water tower on one of two new firetruck in 1927. But I'll keep looking. Enjoy!

This one has not been restored. I know it looks kind of rough around the edges, but it was a single casting and made for the dime stores. Production techniques have improved since the 1920's.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

(Pic) This is a 1926 Morris Cowley Bullnose from by Mike DeTorrice #3890
Mine also. by David Holcombe #3890.1
I suspect the lack of lights was a cost thing. by John Roberts #3890.1.1
John, I wonder if one opted out by Mike DeTorrice #3890.1.1.1
When the Morris 'Bullnose' first came out by John Roberts #3890.1.1.1.1
Thanks, David. Well, at least I knew way back when I by Mike DeTorrice #3890.1.2
Now we have really gone back in time with this model..... by Chris Sweetman #3890.2
Hey, thanks for that interesting data on this by Mike DeTorrice #3890.2.1
a similar Tootsietoy by David Holcombe #3890.3
That Tootsietoy '24 Buick looks fascinating, David. It makes by Mike DeTorrice #3890.3.1
Now Mike that sounds like a loggical reason for .... by Chris Sweetman #3890.3.1.1
Thanks for that info David ........ by Chris Sweetman #3890.3.2
Tootsie opening doors? by David Holcombe #3890.3.2.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2014 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone