Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by Gene Parrill
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Bruce Parsons
Posted On: Saturday January 7, 2012 at 6:14 PM

My third 1/43 car and my first resin car.
The exterior of the car is absolutely beautiful, detail, fit, paint, chrome, etc.. This car's exterior is equal or better than a 1/18 diecast AutoArt or Exoto.
HOWEVER, it's price point [$80] puts it on par with 1/18 diecast made by Highway 61, Ertl Authentics, SunStar Platinum which are far superior interior detail, undercarriage detail, and they have opening doors, hoods [with engines], and trunks.
My other 1/43 cars seem better:
2005 AutoArt Mustang which is equal to the Dodge but cost less with a better detailed undercarriage.
1951 Hudson by Franklin Mint which has all the details; opening hood with engine,doors, and detailed undercarriage. And cost me less [but that was quite a while ago].
Maybe I am missing something or just my personal taste but I think I will stick with 1/18 diecast.
Thanks for the welcome here on the 1/43 and if SunStar does not announce a 59 Dodge in the next 6 months or so I may buy the NEO version coming soon. The bang for the buck just is not there for me in 1/43.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

1960 Dodge Polara arrived today. by Bruce Parsons #13362
OK, enjoy and let us know when you run out of space. (EOM) by Dick Browne #13362.1Moderator
I am already out of space, that is why I started with 1/43 but by Bruce Parsons #13362.1.1
Thanks for dabbling with us, Bruce. by John Kuvakas #13362.1.1.1
Bruce, all scales have their strong points which is why I (also) collect 1/43. by Mike DeTorrice #13362.1.1.2
Bruce, don't collect the overpriced resin models. Depending on your collecting focus... by Patty Henderson #13362.2
Unfortunately there are very few American cars available in diecast. by Dick Browne #13362.2.1Moderator
Agreed, Dick by Mark Lampariello #13362.2.1.1
1/18th scale.............. by Peter Tait #13362.3
Gentlemen, thank you for all the words of encouragement. by Bruce Parsons #13362.3.1
Bruce your observations are true but by Glenn Swanson #13362.4
Thanks, that is exactly what I am doing, I like the 60 Dodge model (EOM) by Bruce Parsons #13362.4.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2014 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone