Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by Gene Parrill
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Scott Brown
Posted On: Saturday May 12, 2012 at 6:32 AM

The Lansdowne Barker Bentley: Can anyone share information on the real car?
Maybe Mike Coupe or David Roberts or someone from Brooklin can give us a bit more background about the actual car. Is it a one-off, or did Barker produce this body type in a small batch? Is there a Barker design number? Where is the actual car now? What is the chassis number? Perhaps there's a picture in Johnny Green's book or the Michael Ellman-Brown book? It IS an unusual color. So, was it always yellow? What was the ownership history? Does it have an interesting background? Current owner, or is it confidential? I never got the full skinny about Lansdowne 97 either.

Information like this really helps us collectors. And since I have to research all the models in my collection before I can catalog them, I need that basic information.

Putting in a little slip of paper with a paragraph about the car in the packaging with the model, would be a great move for Brooklin on these Special Edition Bentleys. Spa Croft does something like this. I guess the basic suggestion here is, for the Special Edition stuff, when you're modeling a very specific car, don't make your model a mystery.

Look how crisp, clean and subtle the lines are on that model. That is one finely tooled master. Who gets the credit?

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

PICS Forthcoming Lansdowne by Mike Coupe #14041
Thanks, Mike, for the great images. This one's a real beauty. (EOM) by David Knight #14041.1
The Lansdowne Barker Bentley: Can anyone share information on the real car? by Scott Brown #14041.2
One or two questions there! by John Roberts #14041.2.1
Fascinating history, John. That car is awesome! (EOM) by David Knight #14041.2.1.1
Thank you John Roberts! Now we've got some data here! by Scott Brown #14041.2.1.2
Yep!! JR got there first (EOM) by Mike Coupe #14041.2.1.2.1
Thanks, John! Great stuff! What a history. (EOM) by Rick Thompson #14041.2.1.3
Sometimes Brooklin do include some info' on the real car, and they have done with past Bentleys by Mike Coupe #14041.2.2
Art Deco beauty, I'll be ordering! (EOM) by Mark Lampariello #14041.3
This Barker is amazing! and you are right... by Judith Kirkpatrick #14041.4

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2014 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone