Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by Sheila Kelly (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: David Holcombe
Posted On: Friday December 1, 2017 at 11:39 PM

Just one more attempt to revive the great old Packard. This one dates to 1992 (pic)
and is usually referred to as the 1992 Packard Bayliff Custom Sedan. It was built on a Ford chassis, even though I have seen pictures of the same grill, fenders, etc., attached to a Mercury Cougar.

The next came a few years later as ownership of the Packard name was sold, swapped, or otherwise handed from one dreamer to another. About 1999 came Roy Gullickson (a former engineer for the White Motor Car Company and Massey-Ferguson) with a vision to relaunch Packard as a High End Luxury car manufacturer for the 21st Century.

I think I will just stay with my 1:43 versions.

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

PIC: How about a modern day Packard ? It says there were 28 of these built. by Dick Johnson #35962
Just one more attempt to revive the great old Packard. This one dates to 1992 (pic) by David Holcombe #35962.1
Thanks for the background, David. (EOM) by John Kuvakas #35962.1.1Moderator
modern day packard by Alan Dinsmore #35962.2
+1 (EOM) by steve kiraly #35962.2.1
+2 (EOM) by Bob Jackman #35962.2.1.1
There are no words yet to describe these two.... by Joop Gisbers #35962.3
Why? (EOM) by Stephen Meek #35962.4

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2018 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone