Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS : Hosted by Tony Perrone (Tony P)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums - Forum 24 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Brian Laurance
Posted On: Friday February 8, 2013 at 11:59 AM

DM '48 Buick as 1:24 replica of Detroit Golden Jubilee parade float (PICS)
During recent years, photos have surfaced on the Internet, showing the very cool parade float that Buick Motor Division entered into the 1946 Detroit Golden Jubilee.

The 1946 Detroit Golden Jubilee parade furnished an opportunity for the automakers to remind the public that WWII was over and passenger cars were again rolling off the assembly lines.

The Buick parade float showcased a new '46 Buick integrated into Buick's new post-war "bombsight" hood ornament. A Buick collector in Indianapolis recently borrowed the idea to create his own 1:24-scale parade float around a DM '48 Buick Roadmaster convertible.

Here are photos from the Detroit Golden Jubilee parade and the 1:24-scale tribute. Please note that no DM model was harmed in the making of this parade float!

Go back to Diecast Forums - Forum 24 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

DM '48 Buick as 1:24 replica of Detroit Golden Jubilee parade float (PICS) by Brian Laurance #45931
Very cool; not sure about the Lego driver but still very cool! (EOM) by Christopher Moroni #45931.1
I have always thought that Buick float was one of the coolest of by Mike DeTorrice #45931.2
Replica Float by Alan Dinsmore #45931.2.1
Alan, comments here from the builder, and photos during its construction (PICS) by Brian Laurance #45931.2.1.1
MUCH too cool, Brian! I flipped when I first saw the Parade Float a few years ago, and the scale.... by Gene Herman #45931.3

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone