Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS : Hosted by Tony Perrone (Tony P)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums - Forum 24 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Robert M. Woolley
Posted On: Thursday July 12, 2018 at 2:21 AM

Yes, those were the days, a great meeting among local diecast collectors. I was also there with Jay Olins, picked up Jay at Oakland Airport, very enjoyable chat on the 20 minute drive to the Mall. Jay, a true gentleman and enthuiast. Store employee Dave Avery was also there.

At another die-cast rallye at that same store, we arranged for a special van to bring George Dill to the event. Because of the weight of the van and Georges electric wheelchair, driver opted to stay off the freeway and we took the back roads. It was wonderful for George, homebound 99.9% of the time, when George exclaimed COWS!! It had been years since Geope had seen cows, Never crossed our mind that staying off the freeway was a real treat for George.

Funny/sad story about that store. FM employee Dave Avery first learned about the store closing when the new tenant came in to measure the carpet.

Go back to Diecast Forums - Forum 24 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

My first visit to the Danville area Mall and the Franklin Mint store 2001.. by Christopher Novak #53263
Thanks for sharing that with us! That is a fine looking Packard by Phil Realmuto #53263.1
Nice Christopher, thanks (EOM) by Geoff Jowett #53263.2
Pleasanton, Stoneridge Mall by Robert M. Woolley #53263.3
The only FM store I ever visited was the Beverly Hills store on Rodeo Drive. (EOM) by Al Dorado #53263.4

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2018 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone