Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS : Hosted by Tony Perrone (Tony P)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums - Forum 24 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Bruce Gibbins
Posted On: Thursday December 6, 2018 at 6:52 PM

At around the same time as the '35 Ford Coupe` Ralph mentions there was also
listed an alegdly rare 1947 Ford Tudor offered in this rather handsome beige paint. The two side view mirrors had been broken off and were missing. Not really an impdediment to purchase and possibly not the reason for its final selling price of some $200 plus and quite a bit less than one would imagine a super rare model to attract even with the mirror thing going on. Through the haze of dissapointment at my loss after bidding a paltry $95
the exact amount that was to win the '47 Ford Tudor has deserted my memory banks. The '35 Ford Coupe`not being super rare, but scarce, went out at $328, so what would a beige '47 be likely to sell at if it was a "super rare" model?

Go back to Diecast Forums - Forum 24 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

PICs - Daily Dose of Diecast...Thursday by John Merritt #53774
Sharp trio - including the ultra-rare '47 / outstanding pics. (EOM) by Billy Collins #53774.1
Nice collection! (EOM) by Tim Kubiak #53774.2
Beautiful photos! But don't even get me started again on that SUPPOSED "ultra rare" 47! (EOM) by George Schire #53774.3
At around the same time as the '35 Ford Coupe` Ralph mentions there was also by Bruce Gibbins #53774.3.1
I remember how the tan '47 became infamous too. It's still rare to see one now. (EOM) by Billy Collins #53774.3.2
Wonderful! Have a blue wagon and maroon sedan - and skipped a '35 for 328.00 last sunday on the bay. (EOM) by Ralf Buyer #53774.4
Have the three with my wagon being the blue one. (EOM) by Sal Lomma #53774.5
Sure wish I’d gotten that ‘35 when it came out, got 4 ‘40’s and the maroon Tudor. (EOM) by David Vandermeer #53774.6
Love these Fords.....great PICs too! (EOM) by John Bono #53774.7
Wish I had picked up one of those tan 47's. I recall them selling for as low as $90 when a batch of by Mark Sweeney #53774.8

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2018 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone