Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS : Hosted by Tony Perrone (Tony P)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums - Forum 24 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Richard Sufficool
Posted On: Sunday January 6, 2019 at 6:26 PM

The models I have that I would love to own as 1:1s.....
would wind up owning me.
As an analogy, I live near an extremely wealthy area and I adore the architecture as well as the grounds around these estates.
If someone would give me one of these beautiful mansions, I would go bankrupt paying the first quarter property taxes.
As to even the 50's and '60s American iron that I could pay the asking price, I remember what a pain in the butt it was to keep them on the road. So when I look at say a 54 Kaiser Manhattan, I would only consider that car in retromod form.... to make it as reliable, comfortable and as powerful as a modern car....
and that again, puts it out of my price range.
I'll take my models and give custody of those marvelous prewar classics and more modern supercars to the likes of Jay Leno.

Go back to Diecast Forums - Forum 24 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Interesting thought on this diecast hobby aka “addiction” lol by Phil Realmuto #53889
The models I have that I would love to own as 1:1s..... by Richard Sufficool #53889.1
Richard, unless you plan to use it as a daily driver, those oldies aren't that hard to keep running. (EOM) by Barry Levittan #53889.1.1
Any of those "affordable" cars that I've lusted after.... by Richard Sufficool #53889.1.1.1
Phil, I can't quote percentages but, like you, the vast majority of my models by Bob Jackman #53889.1.2
Good question Phil. I can be honest and say that most of the cars I have, want, and love as 1:24 by George Schire #53889.1.2.1
*** Well ... That's a good question *** by Dennis Mong #53889.2
With the exception of the Harleys, I bet our 1:1 tastes are very similar. by Robert Bolin #53889.2.1
That's a tricky question Phil. Even if money / space was no object, the number of... by Billy Collins #53889.3
I like your answer Billy, and after thinking about, I think you and I are on the same page. by George Schire #53889.3.1
Some people are happy with just a single 1/1. Mine is a 39 Oldsmobile by Bruce Gibbins #53889.3.2
Where classics are concerned, a 40s Dodge Powerwagon with wood bed would do fine. by Robert Bolin #53889.3.2.1
Bruce, my 1:1 classic is my '69 Camaro. I guess you could say I'm content too... by Billy Collins #53889.3.2.2
I'm much of the same mindset. by Robert Bolin #53889.4
My collection has varied over the years as my interests changed. Saying that.... by Tom Ciryak #53889.5
Mid-engine Zora! Nice! (EOM) by Robert Bolin #53889.5.1
Cars are meant to be driven. I have one 1:1 toy and any more would be overwhelming. (EOM) by John Bono #53889.6
I have often thought about owning a classic 1:1, even came close to buying a '61 Impala by John Merritt #53889.7
Having owned two '62 Oldsmobile's (a Starfire and a Ninety-Eight) I'm content with NOT by George Schire #53889.7.1
*** George - You have a very good reason *** by Dennis Mong #53889.7.1.1
My sentiments exactly George, although sometimes I still have regrets. by Al Dorado #53889.7.1.2

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone