Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS : Hosted by Tony Perrone (Tony P)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums - Forum 24 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Dennis Mong
Posted On: Sunday January 6, 2019 at 8:35 PM

After reading your post ... I put some cranial activity to your subject matter ....

My Die cast car purchases are cars / pickup trucks / motorcycles that grab my very short attention span

There are some diecast cars / trucks / motorcycles that I have owned in my younger years ... so they play an important part of my life history

As most folks here know ... Yes - I am a huge CORVETTE fan

Would I own them all

No

I have owned in real life ...

( 2 ) Corvettes

'58 Chevy Pick up

'65 Ford Country Squire Station wagon

'60's era Caddy

Various Harleys thu-out my years

We all know there are diecast cars that reflect my prior ownership

I have found my taste in cars varies from most here in the D4C ...

What most find heart throbbing - I find absolutely no interest in at all ...

And I'm certain beyond a shadow of a doubt, there those that have no filter when it comes to their verbal expounding of dislikes and or likes.

The bottom line ... for me ... is

I buy and collect what please me eyes ... the ones that wow my heart

I do not hunt

I do not watch football, baseball, basketball or hockey or soccer

But if it has a motor and goes fast ... then I got skin in the game

I wrench on my own cars because it is therapeutic for me

I truly love to turn wrenches and fixing things

Electrical residential and commercial applications and automotive mechanical

I like reading ... and auto motive history is on my top of the list .. and so naturally some cars in my collection reflect some of that automotive history

Would I own them all in 1:1 ..... ?

NO

I can say .... with great conviction ...

If I want a particular diecast car in my collection ... I make that happen Capt'n!

If there something NOT in my collection ... there's a reason - I don't what it in my collection because there is no interest from me.

A person collection represents that particular person.

And that representation ... That is what makes this "addiction" so darn interesting.

We all must be thankful that we all do NOT have the exact same collection

A person collection represents that particular person.

Being raised ... "If you can NOt say anything nice - then do not say anything at all" ... I never diss anybody collection.

If I don't say anything ... well ... "Repeat sentence above"

After many many years of collection .... my list of remaining desires is very small.

My short list is exactly that ... very short

My lil die cast car collection suits me just fine.

I hope my reply is worthy to be applied to your question.

Continue the collection my brothers ...

Continue the collection.

Go back to Diecast Forums - Forum 24 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Interesting thought on this diecast hobby aka “addiction” lol by Phil Realmuto #53889
The models I have that I would love to own as 1:1s..... by Richard Sufficool #53889.1
Richard, unless you plan to use it as a daily driver, those oldies aren't that hard to keep running. (EOM) by Barry Levittan #53889.1.1
Any of those "affordable" cars that I've lusted after.... by Richard Sufficool #53889.1.1.1
Phil, I can't quote percentages but, like you, the vast majority of my models by Bob Jackman #53889.1.2
Good question Phil. I can be honest and say that most of the cars I have, want, and love as 1:24 by George Schire #53889.1.2.1
*** Well ... That's a good question *** by Dennis Mong #53889.2
With the exception of the Harleys, I bet our 1:1 tastes are very similar. by Robert Bolin #53889.2.1
That's a tricky question Phil. Even if money / space was no object, the number of... by Billy Collins #53889.3
I like your answer Billy, and after thinking about, I think you and I are on the same page. by George Schire #53889.3.1
Some people are happy with just a single 1/1. Mine is a 39 Oldsmobile by Bruce Gibbins #53889.3.2
Where classics are concerned, a 40s Dodge Powerwagon with wood bed would do fine. by Robert Bolin #53889.3.2.1
Bruce, my 1:1 classic is my '69 Camaro. I guess you could say I'm content too... by Billy Collins #53889.3.2.2
I'm much of the same mindset. by Robert Bolin #53889.4
My collection has varied over the years as my interests changed. Saying that.... by Tom Ciryak #53889.5
Mid-engine Zora! Nice! (EOM) by Robert Bolin #53889.5.1
Cars are meant to be driven. I have one 1:1 toy and any more would be overwhelming. (EOM) by John Bono #53889.6
I have often thought about owning a classic 1:1, even came close to buying a '61 Impala by John Merritt #53889.7
Having owned two '62 Oldsmobile's (a Starfire and a Ninety-Eight) I'm content with NOT by George Schire #53889.7.1
*** George - You have a very good reason *** by Dennis Mong #53889.7.1.1
My sentiments exactly George, although sometimes I still have regrets. by Al Dorado #53889.7.1.2

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone