Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS : Hosted by Tony Perrone (Tony P)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums - Forum 24 Diecast Zone

Posted By: George Schire
Posted On: Monday January 7, 2019 at 9:24 PM

1950 PONTIAC

This is one of those cars that I just get all ga-ga over when I see one. General Motors had given us something called the "Hardtop", touted as having "that convertible feeling.

With those stylish three piece rear windows and shedding some of the 40's styling, but keeping its "suspenders" this innovative design had the buying public licking their chops for "the open air feeling" that the hardtop provided.

In 1:24 this Pontiac would have been as hot as a stack of flapjacks, and one that I'd hoped the mints would eventually get around to doing. Alas, we know that didn't happen.

It will forever be on my personal "Wish List" of 1:24's that should have been!

Go back to Diecast Forums - Forum 24 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

PICS: My WISH LIST 1:24 die-cast car #26 by George Schire #53892
Yes! Two thumbs up. It would be a Winner in 1/24. (EOM) by Tim Kubiak #53892.1
Looks nicely upscale to a Chevy Bel Air and would make a beautiful diecast! (EOM) by Barry Levittan #53892.2
Count me in too, George. Excellent choice. (EOM) by Bruce Gibbins #53892.3
YES-SIR-EE!!! (EOM) by Billy Collins #53892.4
(PIC) Yes, but here's how I'd like mine: by Al Dorado #53892.5
That'll work too. (EOM) by Billy Collins #53892.5.1
Good choice George. You have not wished for a car that I would not be by Bob Jackman #53892.5.2
LOL Bob, I think the fact that by your own admission, you have no filter, I think I can by George Schire #53892.5.2.1
I always liked this version too (EOM) by Ron Dietrich #53892.6
Very nice indeed. (EOM) by Sal Lomma #53892.7
Nice car, but to be honest, I am only lukewarm about this one. (EOM) by John Merritt #53892.8

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone