Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS : Hosted by Tony Perrone (Tony P)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums - Forum 24 Diecast Zone

Posted By: George Schire
Posted On: Wednesday January 9, 2019 at 11:24 AM

1953 KAISER MANHATTEN

In the scheme of things, Kaiser (and its sister car, Frazer) were only around in the auto world from 1946 to 1955. Really as the saying goes, "a cup of coffee".

During their short-lived run though, they made a lasting impact on those of the era who remember them. In their own way they were oddly shaped compared to anything from the Big Three. And actually were more modern looking than most of the Big Three entry's at the time.

For 1953, we were offered the refreshed styling of the same body style that had been around since 1950.And actually more of that refinement was taken from the '52 model year.

As a kid young kid in the later 1950's, I remember seeing Kaiser's from time to time, and always thought their roof-line and their version of a station wagon...a sedan with the whole rear that lifted up and folding rear seats...was just odd for a car.

Alas though, I'd love to have had the mints give us one of these in 1:24 scale, primarily for the conversation and attention it would garner, more than my liking the car.

Yup, I'd have been all over this one!

Go back to Diecast Forums - Forum 24 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

PICS: My WISH LIST 1:24 die-cast car #28 by George Schire #53901
Oh yes, absolutely. Another beauty. (EOM) by John Merritt #53901.1
I'd buy for certain. Have a 1/18 and love it. (EOM) by Mark Sweeney #53901.2
I would certainly buy one to go with my 1/18 and 1/43. (EOM) by Bob Jackman #53901.2.1
George, I don't know where you get your pictures from, but we appear to have the same taste in cars by Frank Kocour #53901.3

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone