Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS : Hosted by Tony Perrone (Tony P)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums - Forum 24 Diecast Zone

Posted By: George Schire
Posted On: Thursday January 10, 2019 at 7:48 PM

1958 BUICK

My wife saw me posting this "Wish List" feature for yesterday's car and she asked me how many cars can you have on a "Wish List"? I told her it's a list that has no end, and yet, the Mints ended it for me. But the cars I share here each day will always be 1:24 scale cars I wanted.

TODAY'S car is one that I wanted more because of it being an example of fifties chrome and fin access than for any other reason.

All cars for 1958 were "way out there" from what we'd seen up to that point, and General Motors entries were no exception. Certainly, they seemed to try and outdo even themselves with each of their own cars.

The Pontiac was more adorned with chrome than their Chevy, and Oldsmobile outdid Pontiac. Certainly, Buick topped Oldsmobile in the glitter department, and for that reason alone, I really wanted a '58 Buick in 1:24 scale to add to my collection.

It was big, brash, and beautiful. Well, at least to some it was. Like any car, the '58 Buick also had its detractors, who saw it as over-the-top ugly.

Regardless of where your emotions are for the car, I think even those of you who weren't fond of it, would consider adding it to your collection. Perhaps if for no other reason than to be able to share the wildness cars had come to that year. It would start many conversations, that's for sure.

I was a fan of all the GM cars for '58, and the Buick would have truly been a welcome selection from the mints.

Go back to Diecast Forums - Forum 24 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

PICS: My WISH LIST 1:24 die-cast car #29 by George Schire #53909
YES-SIR-EE!!! (EOM) by Billy Collins #53909.1
Lets see what was the name of that song "walk on by", well crank it up. (EOM) by Hollis Cornell #53909.2
LOL, good one Hollis. :) (EOM) by George Schire #53909.2.1
Pure '50s excess. Love it. (EOM) by Sal Lomma #53909.3
Oh what the hell...... I’m in on these too!!! (EOM) by Phil Realmuto #53909.4
Yes. I'll take one of these too. (EOM) by John Merritt #53909.5
I'm in!! (EOM) by Tim Kubiak #53909.6
I too loved the '58 cars and the Limited has always been a favorite. I'd love to have these. (EOM) by Gene Mills #53909.7
I luv the "Air born B-58 Buick!" by Al Dorado #53909.8
This would make a SPECTACULAR diecast!! (EOM) by Barry Levittan #53909.9

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone