Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS : Hosted by Tony Perrone (Tony P)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums - Forum 24 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Josh Shy
Posted On: Sunday March 10, 2019 at 11:48 AM

I'm no expert, after going through a lot of Franklin
and Danbury Mint models and quite a few 1/18's it seems to me there are some models that had problems from the time they were made and like ticking time bombs, it's just a matter of time before they show it (CMC's Mercedes Grand Prix cars as an example). Many people have told me it's from problems with the metal they were made from, some say it is in the prep before they are painted and all this may well be; I believe the way they are treated may have some effect too. I boxed up a lot of models that looked good to me at the time, put back in their original boxes, but then stored in a damp basement, over 100 of these models three years later when unboxed looked terrible. Some of these models were already over 10 years old so I believe it was related two their treatment. I may be crazy but it seemed to me models put away with a lot of finger prints on them came out with problems. I wonder if anyone has tried to compile a list of the really bad one's where it show's in a whole line models. That would be interesting. My California Kid looked fine. I would keep looking for a good one, or pay well under $100, it will not get better, only worse. Good luck Dennis.

Go back to Diecast Forums - Forum 24 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Danbury Mint ... California Kid ... ( Question ) by Dennis Mong #54274
Calif Kid by John Baynes #54274.1
Nor on mine...(PICS)... by Tony Perrone #54274.1.1ModeratorZone Diplomat
Nor on mine. (EOM) by Evan Morgan #54274.1.2
Nor on mine. (EOM) by Billy Collins #54274.1.3
Have had no issues with either of mine. (EOM) by Hollis Cornell #54274.1.4
Mine's clean and perfect. (EOM) by Gene Mills #54274.1.5
I'm no expert, after going through a lot of Franklin by Josh Shy #54274.2
One thing I've noted over the years is there seems to be no real consensus by Richard Sufficool #54274.2.1
"Not mine" comes from the the different ... by Chav Popov #54274.2.1.1
I'm no expert, after going through a lot of Franklin by Josh Shy #54274.3
There are two very different potential issues being discused here. by Bruce Gibbins #54274.3.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone