Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS : Hosted by Tony Perrone (Tony P)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums - Forum 24 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Chang Lu
Posted On: Monday March 11, 2019 at 12:13 PM

Paint rash. Wet sanding with 2000 grit sandpaper and
polishing will alleviate the symptoms. Just be careful around the edges where the paint is really thin.

Go back to Diecast Forums - Forum 24 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Q: Paint rash, cancer, "pox" - new to me ... let's clarify the terminology. by Chav Popov #54279
I would classify that as paint rash. Definitely not diecast “rot” or cancer /degradation (EOM) by Phil Realmuto #54279.1
I agree with Phil - your model has paint rash, Chav. by Bruce Gibbins #54279.2
Thx.. for posting that, Bruce. Very informative. (EOM) by Al Dorado #54279.2.1
I've had a couple cars i was able to improve the look by using a polishing compound (EOM) by Ron Dietrich #54279.3
Paint rash. Wet sanding with 2000 grit sandpaper and by Chang Lu #54279.4
PICS: This is "Die-cast rot or cancer". The car becomes worthless. by George Schire #54279.5
The kind of "rot" the '60 Tbird has is fortunately very rare, unlike the common paint rash by Chris Nickelsen #54279.5.1
My once beautiful '55 Pontiac has suffered the same fate as yours, George, and I have others as well (EOM) by Barry Levittan #54279.5.2
Yes, I understand that feeling George. Cancer is a rotten gig. (EOM) by Bruce Gibbins #54279.5.3
I have never had a problem with paint rash, maybe it is because by jay walsh #54279.6

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone