Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS : Hosted by Tony Perrone (Tony P)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums - Forum 24 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Phil Realmuto
Posted On: Sunday June 9, 2019 at 12:49 PM

Ron thats a GREAT POINT but I honestly think ....
The majority of those that inherit these models no nothing or almost nothing about them. They don't know if a model had or didn't have a rear view mirror, or if it had for didn't have white lettered tires, etc. Take a FM 55 Crown Vic. It has no drivers door mirror. The DM version DOES . say seller whom inherited the collection has both to sell and the DM model is missing the mirror. He/she might innocently not even notice that and say that its in perfect condition and is not missing anything. Innocent uninformed statement on their part. Many don't even know what rash is and won't notice that and say the model is PRISTINE. I do, however, see some sellers whom inherited collections make the following RESPECTABLE comment "Please examine the photos and look at the over all condition. These were my Late .... and I know little about them. What you see is what you get. Ill be happy to answer all questions and look over the model if you are looking for a specific issue/flaw/problem"

Go back to Diecast Forums - Forum 24 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

AUCTION CONCERN. I have a problem with a car being touted as "Mint In Box", but then by George Schire #54663
I hear what you’re saying George. In a perfect world ..... by Phil Realmuto #54663.1
I'm not OK with it. by Robert Bolin #54663.1.1
I agree. I do think non-collectors overuse the term selling dad's collection too. (EOM) by Ron Dietrich #54663.1.1.1
Ron thats a GREAT POINT but I honestly think .... by Phil Realmuto #54663.1.1.1.1
Right Phil, and its why clear pictures are of utmost importance (EOM) by Ron Dietrich #54663.1.1.1.1.1
HOW MANY listings have we seen fuzzy pictures ... it's like ... DUDE - What are U hiding?? (EOM) by Dennis Mong #54663.1.1.1.1.1.1
Exactly! When I see that I do one thing....... by Phil Realmuto #54663.1.1.1.1.1.1.1
+ 1 (EOM) by Dennis Mong #54663.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1
Boy heaven forebid making a mistake on a listing around here. Sorry I ruffled your feathers. I sure by Hollis Cornell #54663.2
listings by John Peaslee #54663.2.1
+ 1 (EOM) by Dennis Mong #54663.2.1.1
Okay John Peaslee and Dennis Mong...I'm going to comment on your very disrespectful post directed by George Schire #54663.2.1.2
Attention to detail. by Robert Bolin #54663.2.2
Robert Bolin...you and I are on the same page my friend. There is no excuse for getting something by George Schire #54663.2.2.1
Hollis im sure you meant ZERO Ill intentions here. by Phil Realmuto #54663.2.3
eom (EOM) by ALAN FRANK #54663.2.3.1
This is a Topic thats always been and ALWAYS will be debatable and hard to agree! by Phil Realmuto #54663.3
MINT in box vs. NEW in box by Barry Levittan #54663.3.1
And if it is missing a part or parts? (EOM) by Robert Bolin #54663.3.1.1
Using mint in a description is common place and been around for some time. by Bruce Gibbins #54663.4

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone