Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS : Hosted by Tony Perrone (Tony P)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums - Forum 24 – Diecast Zone

Posted By: Phil Realmuto
Posted On: Sunday June 9, 2019 at 11:51 PM

We mention of auctions being claimed “mint in box” , “new in box”
Or what have you ...... here’s good advice ...A) look at all pictures , if there aren’t any or there is one crappy picture ask the seller for more. If it’s “too much” for him/her to upload a few clear, explicit pictures then DONT BID! B) check sellers feedback, see what others have said. C) ASK QUESTIONS. IF I ask the seller “How is the paint over all? Any chips, rash , bubbles/blisters etc or is the paint very even and smooth/glossy all around?” If I get a evasive reply “looks good” , “paints nice”. “Shiney” etc I do the follow ...... I Don’t bid and move on!!! But ultimately I want a clean, non smelly model without rash or missing parts and with even, glossy paint. To me that’s “mint”. If it was handled, displayed, etc long as it looks new I’m good! Even paper work isn’t a deal breaker. I seldom look at it and honestly it’s a PIA to keep and keep track of!

Go back to Diecast Forums - Forum 24 – Diecast Zone

Message thread:

We mention of auctions being claimed “mint in box” , “new in box” by Phil Realmuto #54671
+1. I agree with what you've said. But, there was '1' specific point about the seller that.. by Billy Collins #54671.1
"AGAIN " .... Consider the Source by Dennis Mong #54671.1.1
Again and Again by John Peaslee #54671.1.1.1
LOL .... LOL .... ROTFLMAO .... LOL !!!!! (EOM) by Dennis Mong #54671.1.1.1.1
Seller feedback ranks high on my list too...some folks just arent very good taking pixs (like me) (EOM) by Ron Dietrich #54671.1.1.2
I belong in that same boat ... but we try - by Dennis Mong #54671.1.1.2.1
Good thing we arent using Polaroids lol (EOM) by Ron Dietrich #54671.1.1.2.1.1
My point wasn’t to rehash that thread, but advice and tips on bidding and what to look for/ask (EOM) by Phil Realmuto #54671.2

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone