Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS : Hosted by Tony Perrone (Tony P)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums - Forum 24 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Mark Millar
Posted On: Monday June 10, 2019 at 2:15 PM

The one Custom or Hot Rod I almost purchased was..,
The 32 Ford Deuce coupe. Stupid as it sounds, I was 10 years old when the Beach Boys had that hit on the radio. I remember buying the album and displaying the cover on my bedroom wall. I really thought that car was the coolest car on the road, 3 carbs, pretty candy blue paint, chrome everywhere. I tried to duplicate it. I remember, AMT had released a model car kit the 32 Ford Vicky "3 in one" kit back around 1964 or 1965. Of course I was a never very good at painting or detailing engines, most of my models were basically a p.o.s. after I worked my magic. (by the way I really envy you guys/girls that have that talent and admire your work when posted)
When the Danbury released that very model my 4th child was on the way and money was tight.
Naturally the kids came first and Danbury quit making model cars.

Go back to Diecast Forums - Forum 24 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Johns' post below reminded me of WHY i never collected the "Customs" by Phil Realmuto #54668
I haz da pickup bug! by Robert Bolin #54668.1
Oooh oh. Did you just start??? Honestly when I see the magnificent PU trucks some post here... by Phil Realmuto #54668.1.1
The 'pickup'-bug got me too. I've managed to stick to my Chevy/GMC stuff though. (EOM) by Billy Collins #54668.1.2
The one Custom or Hot Rod I almost purchased was.., by Mark Millar #54668.2

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone