Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS : Hosted by Tony Perrone (Tony P)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums - Forum 24 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Clifford Read
Posted On: Sunday October 6, 2019 at 1:41 PM

This tiny Japanese market mid-engined sports car was manufactured by Suzuki for Mazda in 1992. It fit into the Japanese KEI market (KEI cars were tiny and limited at the time to 660 CC motors). The Autozam used a turbo to augment the small motor and make it quite peppy and fun to drive.

The diecast model is marketed for the Japanese market by Hachette in 1/24 scale but I found this one from Hong Kong for significantly less cost than the Japanese vendors demand.
Attached also, is a pic of me driving one imported to Canada recently and owned by one of my buddies. It was a blast to drive

Yours truly...driving my buddy's imported Autozam

Go back to Diecast Forums - Forum 24 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

(PICS) 1/24 Mazda Autozam AZ-1 by Clifford Read #55186
Nice looking model. I'll bet it was a blast to drive. (EOM) by Evan Morgan #55186.1
Cool and unusual.... by John Shamblin #55186.2
Like gullwings too, have to get this one Mazda's ... by Chav Popov #55186.3
Interesting .... Soooo - You're how tall again ???? (EOM) by Dennis Mong #55186.4
Pretty close to the 1/1. (EOM) by Frank Kocour #55186.5

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone