Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS : Hosted by Tony Perrone (Tony P)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums - Forum 24 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Joop Gisbers
Posted On: Wednesday October 9, 2019 at 1:56 PM

War bonnets (also called warbonnets or headdresses) are feathered headgear traditionally worn by male leaders of the American Plains Indians Nations who have earned a place of great respect in their tribe. Originally they were sometimes worn into battle, but they are now primarily used for ceremonial occasions. In the Native American and First Nations communities that traditionally have these items of regalia, they are seen as items of great spiritual and political importance, only to be worn by those who have earned the right and honour through formal recognition by their people.[1][2]

Go back to Diecast Forums - Forum 24 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

a war bonnet........(from Wikipedia) by Joop Gisbers #55199
OK. So this affects historical references to paint jobs how? (EOM) by Robert Bolin #55199.1
This is maybe how, Robert. by Bruce Gibbins #55199.1.1
Guys, I started this discussion when I questioned the connection between 'the body color' and its'.. by Billy Collins #55199.2
and as a distant relative of Chief Thunderthud, let me say... by Richard Sufficool #55199.2.1
LOL! (EOM) by Billy Collins #55199.2.1.1
LOL! (EOM) by Billy Collins #55199.2.1.2
I thought maybe I'm not the only collector of Indian figures. (pic) by David Holcombe #55199.3
Corvette, for only a couple years, offered three "Firemist" paint... by Tony Perrone #55199.4ModeratorZone Diplomat

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone