Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS : Hosted by Tony Perrone (Tony P)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums - Forum 24 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Bruce Gibbins
Posted On: Wednesday October 9, 2019 at 3:52 PM

So here is one point of view that may give some perspective to this interesting topic.
Many colors are often given names because of their association with some place that evokes an image of something pleasant like a foreign tourist destination. Or perhaps something that is recognized in popular culture or is fashionable at the time
Following on from that is the paint color name used on this Corvette - Warbonnet.
To the marketing people this name may have been chosen because it sounded cool, which I think it does, but also it helps to encapsulate many of the reasons people buy and admire the Corvette so much.
The name has its origin, I believe, in the culture of the indigenous peoples of North America, primarily the Plains Indians. Think of the powerful movement of these warrior tribes and the speed in which they rode their horses into battle. It's more of what the name evokes. Think of these things and the name choice of paint color makes more sense.

Go back to Diecast Forums - Forum 24 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

a war bonnet........(from Wikipedia) by Joop Gisbers #55199
OK. So this affects historical references to paint jobs how? (EOM) by Robert Bolin #55199.1
This is maybe how, Robert. by Bruce Gibbins #55199.1.1
Guys, I started this discussion when I questioned the connection between 'the body color' and its'.. by Billy Collins #55199.2
and as a distant relative of Chief Thunderthud, let me say... by Richard Sufficool #55199.2.1
LOL! (EOM) by Billy Collins #55199.2.1.1
LOL! (EOM) by Billy Collins #55199.2.1.2
I thought maybe I'm not the only collector of Indian figures. (pic) by David Holcombe #55199.3
Corvette, for only a couple years, offered three "Firemist" paint... by Tony Perrone #55199.4ModeratorZone Diplomat

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone