Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS : Hosted by Tony Perrone (Tony P)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums - Forum 24 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Clifford Read
Posted On: Thursday November 7, 2019 at 4:27 PM

(pics) A couple of seldom seen EBBRO 1/24 Diecasts
EBBRO did not make very many 1/24 models but the quality control and the fit of opening parts makes these 'Premium Collection' models quite special.
Their castings were typically thinner wall than many other diecast manufacturers making the opening various panels look more realistic in my opinion.

The first is a right hand drive Fairlady ZL (modified and marketed by Nissan in NA as a Datsun 240Z) This Japanese version avoids the silly hubcaps used on the export versions.
The second is a Toyota 2000GT...another Japanese marketed limited edition sports car of the late '60s. I first remember seeing one displayed in the Japanese Pavilion at EXPO'67 in Montreal.

Go back to Diecast Forums - Forum 24 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

(pics) A couple of seldom seen EBBRO 1/24 Diecasts by Clifford Read #55361
Clifford, 2 really nice models. You are lucky to have them. (EOM) by John Napoli #55361.1
Cliff I have the Ebbro 2000 GT and LOVE IT!!! All for the reasons that you mentioned. It’s a great by Phil Realmuto #55361.2
PICs. Cliff's pictures make these models look amazing ... by Chav Popov #55361.3
The chassis of the 2000GT is held by 4 screws and comes of completely for viewing. (EOM) by Chav Popov #55361.4
Ebbro recently reissued 4 colors of the 2000GT ... by Chav Popov #55361.5
Thanks, I didn't know about Ebbro. I do now and will look to add them to my collection (EOM) by John Shamblin #55361.6
Nice. My late bro-in-law had a white Z like this one. He regretted not keeping it. by Al Dorado #55361.7
I have the Fairlady in red and the 2000GT in gold. Very impressive models. (EOM) by Richard Sufficool #55361.8

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone