Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS : Hosted by Tony Perrone (Tony P)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums - Forum 24 – Diecast Zone

Posted By: Phil Realmuto
Posted On: Tuesday January 21, 2020 at 12:56 PM

I have the green version. Was described as mint in box. When it arrived...
I noticed that drivers mirror was missing (RIGHT side in this case), and the left outter door handle. I contacted the “seller” whom was a person selling it for the collector/owner whom was said to have cancer. The big C is a serious matter and the seller told me he would look around to see if he could find the parts. He had a red one listed that had both missing parts. I suggested he remove said parts from that and mail them to me and then realist the red one as stated with missing parts. Seller said he’d rather not do that so ..... under the circumstances I waited. Long story short after waiting a few weeks that turned into months I never got the parts. I also later realized I got the wrong box! 😕 the box I received was for the silver LE VERSION! Sad because I waited years to land a green one for a good price (about $105-110). That’s not a good deal for a model missing parts and incorrect box/no papers. Oh well .... I’ll pray and hope the situation was a TRUE one and that the funds WERE to help offset the bills that the person received as a result of cancer treatments. Assuming the latter is true I’m ok with things just as they are though I wish I had gotten the model as described! But to help an ill person in need is more important then models!!

Go back to Diecast Forums - Forum 24 – Diecast Zone

Message thread:

PICs - Daily Dose of Diecast...Tuesday by John Merritt #55858
Thanks for sharing these pictures John. Over the years I have managed to by Bob Jackman #55858.1
I have the green version. Was described as mint in box. When it arrived... by Phil Realmuto #55858.2
Cancer or not, medical Bill's or not, surely there is a requirement on the seller by Bruce Gibbins #55858.2.1
I TOTALLY agree but I wanted to be fair assume he’d do the right thing etc. by Phil Realmuto #55858.2.1.1
I think you did the right thing, given the circumstances. (EOM) by John Shamblin #55858.2.1.1.1
Ebay have now become far more buyer focused than they once were. by Bruce Gibbins #55858.2.1.2
Besides, sometimes people trade on illness, real or imagined to seek by Bruce Gibbins #55858.2.2
Bruce Gibbon's, I admire you! Your comments indicate you are a man of strong conviction and good by George Schire #55858.2.2.1
Thank you George I really do appreciate your words and the thoughts behind them. (EOM) by Bruce Gibbins #55858.2.2.1.1
Hey Bruce ... Well written .... by Dennis Mong #55858.2.2.1.1.1
Thank you Dennis. Don't let me drown you out. I would hate to think I ever did that. (EOM) by Bruce Gibbins #55858.2.2.1.1.1.1
We're good ... no drowning over here ... You speak very well - I stand behind what you said by Dennis Mong #55858.2.2.1.1.1.1.1
You do make some great points! It is what it is. Hindsight I should have simply returned it and by Phil Realmuto #55858.2.2.2
Sounds like a seller a friend dealt with by Randall Carlisle #55858.2.3
Me too... by John Shamblin #55858.2.3.1
wrong label by Randall Carlisle #55858.2.3.1.1
Can you let me know the name of the seller? I’ll try to find it too by Phil Realmuto #55858.2.3.2
Now ... that is something I do not understand ...... by Dennis Mong #55858.2.3.2.1
I didn’t say in one month you added that in. I simply said he had more then a few negatives by Phil Realmuto #55858.2.3.2.1.1
I hate to mention a name in case I am wrong. by Randall Carlisle #55858.2.3.2.2

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone