Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS : Hosted by Tony Perrone (Tony P)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums - Forum 24 Diecast Zone

Posted By: John Shamblin
Posted On: Tuesday January 21, 2020 at 5:39 PM

Hi John,

I've got an eBay search set up for WCPD, FM, and DM 1:24. I check the new listings just about every day and follow the one's I'm interested in. Last count, I've got about 30 WCPDs in my current collection. There's another tan '64 convertible not on the Shambles lot. It's on the bench where I've been trying reattach a few small parts but I keep super-gluing my fingers together instead.

Most of my WCPDs were in the $75 to $200 range, some with minor rash or perhaps a missing mirror or hubcaps (parts that can also be found on eBay). By far the most expensive model I've bought was a rare DM 1956 Buick Roadmaster convertible. First thing I did was knock off one of the hubcap spinners which immediately disappeared, never to be seen again.

That green convertible on the transporter I got for $104 + shipping. The hubcaps and fender skirts are in the trunk, just like the way the real ones were delivered. The best WCPD score I made was a lot of 4 '64s for $140. They were listed as "parts cars" but, other than slight rash on one and missing mirror or two on another, they were almost perfect! I love this hobby, but can get carried away during "happy hour" sometimes.

As for Connie, I'm still not sure how trustworthy she is... or Frank for that matter. He's got a drinking problem and has to walk to work. He lost his license after 3 DUIs in one week. Good thing he lives just up the hill across the cow pasture from Shambles Motors. The office furniture just came in, but my crew has to assemble and paint it.

Stay tuned to the "Shit load of Chevys" saga. Next up, 1959 WCPDs.

Go back to Diecast Forums - Forum 24 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Load of Chevys by John Shamblin #55855
Behind the scenes.... by John Shamblin #55855.1
I do believe that Connie is becoming out of control....... by Bruce Gibbins #55855.1.1
your tripod camera mount by John Barry #55855.1.2
Nothing special.... by John Shamblin #55855.1.2.1
Thanks John (EOM) by John Barry #55855.1.2.1.1
Smoked Ball Joints by John Barry #55855.2
WCPD collection by John Shamblin #55855.2.1
WeCantPayDat by John Barry #55855.2.1.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone