Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS : Hosted by Tony Perrone (Tony P)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums - Forum 24 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Phil Realmuto
Posted On: Friday January 24, 2020 at 4:24 PM

Richards pictures over on the 1:18th board made me dig a bit further into this car! I have the Ebbro 1:24th in white. Superb die-cast and MUST HAVE if you're into classic sports cars from other countries or just like a beautiful design. That said I didn't know a whole lot about these and it made me look into it. I DO recall that one was featured in the James Bone movie, but it was a convertible. I never knew until today that ONLY coupe form was made. TWO convertibles were made from coupes for the Bond movie, but one couldn't just go out and by a 2000 GT Convertible. Another fact I never knew was that these were very expensive new (over $6,000), and only 351 were built over it's 4 year run (1967-70)!! AND these now fetch excess of 1/2 MILLION DOLLARS when they do come up for sale! I'll bet in less then 5 years this will be MILLION dollar highly sought after collectibles! Just a hunch. Over all a good day when you can learn something new!

Go back to Diecast Forums - Forum 24 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Toyota GT 2000 by Phil Realmuto #55871
I was looking for a new car back in 70. Toyota dealer was across the street from my apartment. by Tom Ciryak #55871.1
Who would have known and who could afford it! (EOM) by Phil Realmuto #55871.1.1
I did spend 4.5K on a car and it wasn't Japanese. (EOM) by Tom Ciryak #55871.1.1.1
What did you buy ? A corvette? (EOM) by Phil Realmuto #55871.1.1.1.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone