Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS : Hosted by Tony Perrone (Tony P)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums - Forum 24 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Christopher Novak
Posted On: Monday May 18, 2020 at 4:34 PM

Tony, the "Pickle" was a very well done model!
it was an great improvement in fit and detail over the previous white Hemi car. the color is spot on.
I had the privilege (although I didn't know it at the time) of seeing this almost exact car back in 1969.
The Daytona I saw up close had the 440 engine, whitewall tires and road wheels. it was this color with white interior and a had a black tail stripe.

it was quite the crowd collector. The metallic green was almost electric in the sun. Not something to sneak past a traffic cop for sure.

The DM "Pickle" has very accurate detailing for a model of these cars, including the unique wing support bracketry inside the trunk.
It supported the wing on real cars.
They also included the scissors jack, that Chrysler added to jack up the nose section in the event of a flat tire.
The typical bumper jack would just not work, obviously.

Go back to Diecast Forums - Forum 24 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Keeping the Dodge Daytona theme going...DM's "Pickle"..(PICS).. by Tony Perrone #56586ModeratorZone Diplomat
Another extremely sharp icon. (EOM) by Billy Collins #56586.1
Pix: Keeping with the Daytona theme. by Tim Kubiak #56586.2
VERY cool Tim. Model description? (EOM) by Tony Perrone #56586.2.1ModeratorZone Diplomat
1969 Dodge Daytona driven by Dave Marcis. University of Racing 1/24 scale. (EOM) by Tim Kubiak #56586.2.1.1
+1 (EOM) by John Shamblin #56586.2.1.1.1
NOW we're clicking! Daytona looks so much better with racing wheels + tires. (EOM) by Billy Collins #56586.2.2
Great pics Tony! Not sure I'm a fan of the whitewall tires though. (EOM) by George Schire #56586.3
You're right George, strictly street. I'd prefer blackwalls or WRL's. (EOM) by Tony Perrone #56586.3.1ModeratorZone Diplomat
+1 (EOM) by John Shamblin #56586.3.1.1
+1 (EOM) by Don Quashne #56586.3.1.2
Brilliant photos. I had this one, returned it to DM. Probably should have kept it. (EOM) by John Merritt #56586.4
Tony, the "Pickle" was a very well done model! by Christopher Novak #56586.5
Thanks for this Chris!! (EOM) by Tony Perrone #56586.5.1ModeratorZone Diplomat
It was easy. it's in your original review of the model when it came out. by Christopher Novak #56586.5.1.1
Tony. Those are the very pictures that made me call DM and pull the trigger!! Thanks a LOT!!! Lolol (EOM) by Phil Realmuto #56586.6

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone