Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS : Hosted by Tony Perrone (Tony P)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums - Forum 24 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Pete Rovero
Posted On: Saturday May 23, 2020 at 12:52 AM

I went to Tulsa in 2007 to see the car unearthed. There was lots of optimism that the Plymouth
survived for the last 50 years as entombed in 1957. That optimism was short lived, as the lid came off and the car was revealed to be sitting in two feet of red-orange rusty liquid. Orange stained lines in the vault revealed how the water level had risen and fallen over the prior 50 years. The poor Belvedere, after exhumation, looked a lot like a large piece of KFC extra crispy fried chicken.

Go back to Diecast Forums - Forum 24 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

PICs - Daily Dose of Diecast... Friday by John Merritt #56605
Extremely sharp / outstanding pics. (EOM) by Billy Collins #56605.1
John, you caught the soft cream colors...nice pics of a nice model (EOM) by Galen Laird #56605.2
+1. (EOM) by Tony Perrone #56605.2.1ModeratorZone Diplomat
Gorgeous! Got it in my Mopar collection.... by John Shamblin #56605.3
John, your pics great! Just wish FM would have gotten that roof-line correct. (EOM) by George Schire #56605.4
Suddenly it's 1960! (EOM) by Al Dorado #56605.5
Similar to “Miss Belvedere” the poor car that got buried and rusted away! (EOM) by Phil Realmuto #56605.6
Phil, yes, sad story on that one. (EOM) by George Schire #56605.6.1
I went to Tulsa in 2007 to see the car unearthed. There was lots of optimism that the Plymouth by Pete Rovero #56605.6.2

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone