Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS : Hosted by Tony Perrone (Tony P)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums - Forum 24 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Jean Philippe Sergent
Posted On: Friday September 11, 2020 at 11:55 PM

Pic. New Whitebox's 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Seville.
Whitebox announces this wonderful '59 gold Caddy for this winter.

As Whitebox belongs to Ixo, this Cadillac should normally be the exact same model that Ixo released in France a year ago for Altaya Press Editions, with a red body and an off white hard top. That red Ixo's Caddy is metal, with silver painted chromes except bumpers and wheels, one colour but detailed interior with side door panels and seats, and also detailed chassis.

It is not a high end model, with carpeting, absolutely perfect paint job, ultra detailed interior, opening features, photo etched parts nor many details like that but that Cadillac is, in my opinion, the most accurate 1959 Cadillac ever made in that scale, proportionally speaking. (Yes, better than '59s Franklin's...and Danbury's too...)
Ixo used GM authorization and Cadillac's licences to replicate it, and in this case, have succeeded perfectly. (not like some manufacturers claiming to do accurate models because they worked with official plans...).

If I recall correctly, it was sold for about 20/30 euros approx last year. Whitebox's version should not be very different, (hopefully better) so, if these 2 Cadillacs are in fact just one, and the price stays fair, it will be a bargain and definitively a must have for every Cadillac lovers here.

Hope to find and share better pictures here in the weeks to come, because this one above really don't do justice to the model...

Go back to Diecast Forums - Forum 24 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Pic. New Whitebox's 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Seville. by Jean Philippe Sergent #57229
thanks Jean Philippe, lets hope they do some cars the mints did not. (EOM) by Geoff Jowett #57229.1
That is a beauty, I never got an FM or DM version because they just didn't look quite right. I will by Gene Mills #57229.2
Hi Gene. My source for that picture is by Jean Philippe Sergent #57229.2.1
Thank you Jean, I don't do Facebook lol, so I guess I'll have to wait. :-) (EOM) by Gene Mills #57229.2.1.1
WOW! That does look really great. I am going to want one of those, love the color. by John Merritt #57229.3
Very sharp. (EOM) by Billy Collins #57229.4
Nice! I have the black DM version. (EOM) by Al Dorado #57229.5
Are these 1:24 or 1:43rd ???? No mention made of scale (EOM) by Phil Realmuto #57229.6
Hi Phil, it's 1/24 (EOM) by Jean Philippe Sergent #57229.6.1
It looks good to me. (EOM) by Evan Morgan #57229.7
Looks like another Caddy to add to the fleet. I would guess American by Mark Sweeney #57229.8

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone