Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS : Hosted by Tony Perrone (Tony P)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums - Forum 24 – Diecast Zone

Posted By: Clifford Read
Posted On: Friday October 16, 2020 at 9:48 AM

(pics) '55 Ford Semi-Custom....project from 4 years ago

Up until 4 years ago, this 55 Ford model had lived quite a rough life. Missing its door handles (and a few other parts) and suffering from some serious paint scrapes, I’d originally bought the model as a derelict, simply as a cheap parts-car to supply a ‘Crown Victoria’ roof and windshield to add to a Danbury Mint ’56 convertible ( DM had never offered a ’56 Crown Victoria hardtop version) and I wound up also using some of the ‘55’s hard-top appropriate interior parts for that swap as well. What was left of the stock ’55 Ford model was looking kind of forlorn in my parts bin for a while and it occurred to me that it might be a great candidate for a traditional semi- custom convertible…… none of the missing parts would be needed and perhaps it could become a cool model on the shelf. (Semi-customs are defined as: more radical than a mild custom but not chopped, channeled, or sectioned).
I love traditional rods and customs but I consider myself relatively conservative in taste…….I’m not a big fan of continental kits or fender-skirts on customs and although I think most customs look more appropriate lowered, I prefer them in a still drivable lowered attitude like they usually were years ago before the trendy, current extreme hydraulic suspensions came along. The model took a bit longer to complete than I expected, but it was never a struggle and it kept me enjoying the winter season as a great time for hobbies. I’m delighted with how it’s turned out, and happy that the once derelict model has a new lease on life. The materials used on the model include styrene, vinyl, rubber, polycarbonate, aluminum, brass, plated jewelry wire, Bondo, diecast, epoxy, cyanoacrylate, Renshape resin, and, of course, the paint.

Go back to Diecast Forums - Forum 24 – Diecast Zone

Message thread:

(pics) '55 Ford Semi-Custom....project from 4 years ago by Clifford Read #57458
Outstanding !! by Barry McDonald #57458.1
WOW! Possibly my favorite build so far! (EOM) by Tony Perrone #57458.2ModeratorZone Diplomat
Clifford, your work just amazes me. Where did you learn your skill..... by John Napoli #57458.3
I think there are enough of us here ... To fill a classroom - ... (EOM) by Dennis Mong #57458.3.1
What do we want ??? ... We want to be taught how to custom .... (EOM) by Dennis Mong #57458.3.1.1
When do we want it?? .. We want it now ..... (EOM) by Dennis Mong #57458.3.1.1.1
Clifford ... Clifford ... Clifford ... Clifford ... Clifford ...... (EOM) by Dennis Mong #57458.3.1.1.1.1
Where's the 'semi custom' part at?! LOL! Incredible work. (EOM) by Billy Collins #57458.4
Simple - Ly Elegant .... I love the perfect color combo (EOM) by Dennis Mong #57458.4.1
That is a work of art... beautifully done! (EOM) by William McElfresh #57458.5
+1. I've run out of superlatives! (EOM) by Geoff Jowett #57458.5.1
+2 (EOM) by Ira Gillispie #57458.5.1.1
Outstanding! George Barris couldn’t do better! (EOM) by Pete Rovero #57458.6
+1 (EOM) by John Barry #57458.6.1
Amazing, just simply amazing! (EOM) by Allan Ording #57458.7
Beautiful! (EOM) by Richard Sufficool #57458.8
Another exquisite model! Patiently waiting for the Jaguar Coupe ... (EOM) by Chav Popov #57458.9
keep'em coming Clifford... (EOM) by Galen Laird #57458.10
OMG! This one has blown me away. WOW! (EOM) by John Merritt #57458.11
Read all of the above posts. I agree with them. WOW! (EOM) by Frank Kocour #57458.12

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone