Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS : Hosted by Tony Perrone (Tony P)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums - Forum 24 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Al Dorado
Posted On: Wednesday November 18, 2020 at 12:41 PM

Gr8 pics. I actually saw them filming part of "American Graffiti".
Some of the cruising scenes were shot over several nights on Fourth Street in my home town of San Rafael. Other locations included Mill Valley (the senior prom), Petaluma and Modesto. San Francisco was the location of the Mel's Drive-In. Those of us watching the filming had no idea the movie would become a huge hit and even a classic. We thought it was probably a local junior college film class project.

Go back to Diecast Forums - Forum 24 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

This used to be a nice, clean spot to spend time. Now, there's too much graffiti... by Tony Perrone #57703ModeratorZone Diplomat
and Dames !!! didn`t there used to be more Dames ? where`s all the Swells? by John Barry #57703.1
;>) (EOM) by Tony Perrone #57703.1.1ModeratorZone Diplomat
Great pictures of a neat model. (EOM) by Bob Jackman #57703.1.2
Oh, those hinges! WT**@*@*@*?$@%&!& (EOM) by Christopher Moroni #57703.2
Amen. It just ruined it for me. (EOM) by Richard Sufficool #57703.2.1
+1 I have the one made by Revell, I think they did a great job. (EOM) by Ira Gillispie #57703.2.1.1
Extremely sharp / outstanding pics. I managed to put together a Graffiti-'set' in 1:18; but,... by Billy Collins #57703.3
You forgot the "Pharaohs" '51 Merc. (EOM) by Andy Sixsmith #57703.3.1
You're one hell of a photographer! by John Shamblin #57703.4
Thank YOU sir! (EOM) by Tony Perrone #57703.4.1ModeratorZone Diplomat
Gr8 pics. I actually saw them filming part of "American Graffiti". by Al Dorado #57703.5
Very cool! Thanks for sharing that! (EOM) by Tony Perrone #57703.5.1ModeratorZone Diplomat
Awesome story! (EOM) by Christopher Moroni #57703.5.2
Super clear pics of a nostalgic model! BTW the license plate refers to Lucas's 1st movie THX 1138. (EOM) by Pete Rovero #57703.6
You must have read my review on this model! ;>) (EOM) by Tony Perrone #57703.6.1ModeratorZone Diplomat
Oh, so that’s where I got that bit of trivia! I know I read it somewhere... :-) (EOM) by Pete Rovero #57703.6.1.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone