Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS : Hosted by Tony Perrone (Tony P)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums - Forum 24 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Michael K. Welborn, Jr.
Posted On: Sunday November 22, 2020 at 3:22 AM

Car Craft 1972 - Randall Gremlin 401-XR 1:24th Diorama + Bonus 1:24 Custom Built Replica of 1st Car
Due to my interest in 1970-1987 Era AMC product and the rather dearth of offerings in 1:24 Scale; I decided to commission this Randall Gremlin for my AMC collection. This took some research. The best article I was able to find is from a 1972 issue of Car Craft. Car and figure built by the fantastic Mike Hanson using a mix of kit and Resin. Diorama built by George Bojaciuk. George being a good friend since the FM days connected me with Mike Hanson. We clicked and have since built several custom beauties, all AMC with the exception of an exact model of my first car, a 1991 Mustang GT Coupe (also a challenge). I will share the 1991 Mustang below as well. George was inspired by this Gremlin and miraculously transformed a model into a story...transforming the best of a few hard to find articles on the Randall Gremlin 401-XR into an Amazing Diorama. The Diorama was a generous gift and is truly a one of a kind that I will cherish forever. For those that may not know, Randall AMC of Mesa AZ customized products professionally for their customers. This can be viewed as possibly one of the last true muscle cars from the tail end of the era before the market morphed into the more tame muscle car offerings...with the malaise gas crisis era in between. Very thankful to have good friends like George Bojaciuk and Mike Hanson.

++++Randall Gremlin Diorama++++

++++1991 Mustang GT Coupe++++

Go back to Diecast Forums - Forum 24 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Car Craft 1972 - Randall Gremlin 401-XR 1:24th Diorama + Bonus 1:24 Custom Built Replica of 1st Car by Michael K. Welborn, Jr. #57742
Very cool. The Gremlin looks great & the diorama is sweet. (EOM) by John Merritt #57742.1
Terrific to see the finished product. Thanks Michael, GREAT to see you again! (EOM) by Tony Perrone #57742.2ModeratorZone Diplomat
Thanks Tony! I will always be here...and need to try to post more content... by Michael K. Welborn, Jr. #57742.2.1
Great pictures and back story. Thanks for sharing. (EOM) by Bob Jackman #57742.3
Both are highly desireable items. Thanks for sharing. (EOM) by Frank Kocour #57742.4
I agree 101% And I love your Mustang too. (EOM) by Steve Jakubczak #57742.4.1
Thanks for posting pics of these two very special models! (EOM) by Pete Rovero #57742.5
+1 (EOM) by Ira Gillispie #57742.5.1
Thank you all for looking...and the kind comments! by Michael K. Welborn, Jr. #57742.6
Thank you for your very kind words! by George Bojaciuk #57742.6.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone