Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by Paul Theriot, Devoted Collector (Paul T)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 18 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Marlowe Johnson
Posted On: Friday November 30, 2018 at 10:38 AM

Doug Nash Ford Bronco Buster Funny Car - Part 8
I couldn't resist just doing a quickie staging mock-up with the wheels in place. I've been busy scratch building the front axle. It's my ever first ever attempt.

Also, as I mentioned in a previous post, I elected to build the chassis in brass metal instead of plastic. I did that because I was concerned that duplicating the structure of the 1:1 would not be robust enough to withstand the weight of diecast metal and eventually would sag. Further, due to the tilt body, a lot of weight is going to be focused on the front axle.

I tested the structural strength of the brass metal using a 5 lb. weight. Not only has the frame held up without bending but the front axle mounts are solidly attached as well. Any sagging concerns are eliminated. However, I'm not out of the woods quite yet. I still need to fortify the spindles as the heavy diecast weight will be transferred to those components as well. They will require buttressing or they'll break. Once that's done, it is on to finishing the front axle attaching shocks and radius rods.

photo 26.jpg
 photo 27.jpg
 photo 28.jpg
 photo 29.jpg
 photo 30.jpg

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 18 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Doug Nash Ford Bronco Buster Funny Car - Part 8 by Marlowe Johnson #28545
"They require buttressing " ??? ... What the hell is that? ( Walter from Jeff Dunham) (EOM) by Dennis Mong #28545.1
Ha! Too funny! (EOM) by Marlowe Johnson #28545.1.1
Looking good so far. (EOM) by Stephen Meek #28545.2
Thanks, Steven! As a fellow drag racing fan I know you appreciate the work. (EOM) by Marlowe Johnson #28545.2.1
You bet. Wish I had half the talent. (EOM) by Stephen Meek #28545.2.1.1
Shot fire ... I wish I had just a thimble of that creativity by Dennis Mong #28545.2.1.1.1
OK ... after close observation of the submitted picts ... I see that by Dennis Mong #28545.3
Love da mock ups! Structural integrity = downforce + ego squared. Better use 25lbs! HA! by Christopher Moroni #28545.4
Scratch built working steering?? Really?? WOW (EOM) by Josh Shy #28545.5
Marlowe has the skills to pay the bills .... Oustanding skill set !! (EOM) by Dennis Mong #28545.5.1
Yeah, I just think, "What would Chris Moroni do" and I try to duplicate it. (EOM) by Marlowe Johnson #28545.5.2
...uhmm, you must be 65% Vulcan 'cause you're doing a good job channeling my thoughts. (EOM) by Christopher Moroni #28545.5.2.1
Chris could be the VULCAN ... Marlowe can be the - Cling On ... he he - Live Long & Prosper dudes! (EOM) by Dennis Mong #28545.5.2.1.1
PIC - I serve with honor. by Marlowe Johnson #28545.5.2.1.1.1
OMG.. That is hilarious! (EOM) by Christopher Moroni #28545.5.2.1.1.1.1
OMG ... I knew it was Marlowe ... I saw him on TV all this time .. I Knew it !!!!!!! (EOM) by Dennis Mong #28545.5.2.1.1.1.2
PIC - It's all about the ears! by Marlowe Johnson #28545.5.2.1.2
"Illogical, highly illogical.." (EOM) by Christopher Moroni #28545.5.2.1.2.1
" Capt'n .... That's Highly Illogical " ... " Live Long & Proper " (EOM) by Dennis Mong #28545.5.2.1.2.1.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2018 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone