Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by Paul Theriot, Devoted Collector (Paul T)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 18 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Dan Muldowney
Posted On: Monday January 7, 2019 at 7:46 PM

Hey Phil, this is indeed the last Duesenburg ever delivered to a client.
The car was ordered by a German artist named Bauer in 1937, after Duesenberg had closed. The chassis had to be manufactured from leftover spare parts, and was approved by Augie Dusenburg before being shipped to the customer. Once Bauer received the bare chassis, his original intention was to ship it to Erdmann & Rossi in Europe to have a body built, however, due to deteriorating political conditions in Europe, he changed his mind before it was shipped. Instead, he sent the chassis to Rollson coach builders who manufactured a one off custom design that was not delivered until 1940. You will often see the car listed under either model year. It really just depends on who is describing it. In any event, it was certainly the last Duesenberg to be delivered complete by the coachbuilder to the client.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 18 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Esval's 1st 1:18 Scale Model by Zone News #28600ModeratorZone Diplomat
Wow, that one looks excellent ! (EOM) by Mike DeTorrice #28600.1
I do like the engine detail seen when you peek through the screen. (EOM) by Christopher Moroni #28600.1.1
Do the doors open ?? (EOM) by Dennis Mong #28600.2
Nothing opens Dennis; it's resin & is offered in 4 styles. Top up, down, windows up, etc... $400.00 (EOM) by Christopher Moroni #28600.2.1
Thanks Chris ... Extraordinary Rendition (EOM) by Dennis Mong #28600.2.1.1
I got mine a week ago in town car configuration. Spectacular model of a magnificent Duesenberg!!! (EOM) by Dan Muldowney #28600.3
I normally don’t chime in on the 1:18th board, but I thought there was ONLY ONE car like this and.. by Phil Realmuto #28600.4
Hey Phil, this is indeed the last Duesenburg ever delivered to a client. by Dan Muldowney #28600.4.1
Thank you Dan! (EOM) by Christopher Moroni #28600.4.1.1
I believe the Bauer Duesenberg's chassis is from 1937, and the body from 1940. (EOM) by Greg Johnston #28600.4.1.2
Thanks for the very thorough explanation! At least I’m not crazy and this is a 1of1 Duesenberg by Phil Realmuto #28600.5
Amen to that Phil!! I always thought this was a really fantastic Duesenberg.. by Dan Muldowney #28600.5.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone