Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by Paul Theriot, Devoted Collector (Paul T)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 18 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Zack Cutler
Posted On: Tuesday January 8, 2019 at 1:29 PM

Please be patient with me; I don't know 100% of what I'm talking about regarding the real cars, but the customization I see from my fellow members on this board has me thinking just about anything is possible! :)
I've seen the Autoworld (ex-Precision 100 Ertl?) '57 Chrysler 300 still being advertised, and it looks like you can pick them up fairly easily through ebay.
Now I absolutely respect the '57 300 and what the real car offers- however, I just can't get past that nose.
I do however, love the '59 Dodge, and really dislike Sunstar's attempt at it. We're never likely to get another diecast, fully-opening '59 Dodge in a more accurate shape, so here's my question: Is it impossible to use the Autoworld 300 as a basis/skeleton to correct the SS '59 Dodge? If it's possible, I'd likely build a D-500 type sleeper, keeping the 300's engine and such, but try and de-content the Dodge to a base hardtop model.
Is the SS so flawed that even trying to put the Dodge panels on a 300 body wouldn't work? I get the sense it won't work at all, but thought I'd run the idea by you guys. Also, if major things like the roofline are completely different between the two real cars, I'd understand that it's not worth the trouble.
Or, could I possibly use the (Ertl?) '58 Plymouth as a base? Obviously I'd prefer to use the 300 for the proper hinges and additional detail...

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 18 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

A world of pain? by Zack Cutler #28604
To quote 'The Godfather' In my experience............. by Frank Lemire #28604.1
For what it's worth... by Zack Cutler #28604.1.1
Zack, here's the deal...... by Christopher Moroni #28604.2
SS's '59 Dodge is so bad an "up-top" 'vert version can't be released. The proportions are that bad! by Christopher Moroni #28604.2.1
Your review... by Zack Cutler #28604.2.2
Thanks Zack & yes I'm aware that Roger is oh so close to finishing his 1/12 Mark II. I love it! (EOM) by Christopher Moroni #28604.2.2.1
*** Hey Zack *** I went to the link .... my jaw hit the floor ... Wow!!!!!! (EOM) by Dennis Mong #28604.2.2.2

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone