Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by Paul Theriot, Devoted Collector (Paul T)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 18 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Frank Lemire
Posted On: Tuesday January 8, 2019 at 3:37 PM

To quote 'The Godfather' In my experience.............
nothing is impossible. That said, that doesn't mean it will be easy - after all the guy in the movie given the 'impossible' task is killed.

A couple of things off the top. It is not easy to mix and match from different models, as there are just too many things that have to 'line up' to make it work.

I would say that your best bet is to rework the Dodge. To do so will require taking the car completely apart, taking it down to bare metal and then reshaping it with a combination of removing metal and reshaping with a Bondo type material. Then all you have to do is clean it up, repaint it and put it back together.

If it sounds like a bit of work that's because it is.

I have to admit I'm not well versed on these actual models but whenever you look to reshape a model you need to face the reality of repainting it.

Thats how you get something like this

photo PB060080Medium.jpg

From something like this

photo IMG_4630.jpg

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 18 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

A world of pain? by Zack Cutler #28604
To quote 'The Godfather' In my experience............. by Frank Lemire #28604.1
For what it's worth... by Zack Cutler #28604.1.1
Zack, here's the deal...... by Christopher Moroni #28604.2
SS's '59 Dodge is so bad an "up-top" 'vert version can't be released. The proportions are that bad! by Christopher Moroni #28604.2.1
Your review... by Zack Cutler #28604.2.2
Thanks Zack & yes I'm aware that Roger is oh so close to finishing his 1/12 Mark II. I love it! (EOM) by Christopher Moroni #28604.2.2.1
*** Hey Zack *** I went to the link .... my jaw hit the floor ... Wow!!!!!! (EOM) by Dennis Mong #28604.2.2.2

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone