Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by Paul Theriot, Devoted Collector (Paul T)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 18 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Zack Cutler
Posted On: Thursday January 10, 2019 at 11:34 AM

I remember it well, and that was the impetus for wanting to get one of the '59s to attempt some kind of "correction" regarding its issues.

I don't have any of SS' Platinum series (truth be told, I'm running out of 1/18 collection room), and while I'd *like* say, the '55/6 Mercury hardtop in black and yellow, or maybe their '55(?) Pontiac, I'd *love* a proper '59 Dodge. It's just a shame it's so flawed that I haven't even pulled the trigger after it's been out this long.

Secretly, I wish BoS would come out with a '59 Dodge 2-door hardtop or sedan. I love their catalog.

I've mentioned a couple of other mods I've been wanting to do in the past- I'm almost finished a replica of my 1/1 '69 Beetle, and then will either try to make a '57 Ford out of SS' '58, or my 1/1 '72 Coronet out of Greenlight's Monacos and Furies. And if I get good enough with the JB Weld and filing/repainting, I may try to attempt that '59 Dodge. :)

I sincerely appreciate your and Mr. Lemire's advice and knowledge. Also, Mr. Moroni- if I'm correct, a few years ago you shared the beginning of Roger Zimmermann's scratchbuild of a Continental Mark II- have you seen he's almost finished with it??? His work began in February of 2010- this has almost been a 9 year journey, and there are no words to describe his dedication, attention to detail, creativity, and fabrication skills!

(Here's the link if anyone is unfamiliar- if you haven't seen this, I urge you to check it out!)

https://forums.aaca.org/topic/145354-construction-of-a-continental-mark-ii-model-scale-112/

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 18 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

A world of pain? by Zack Cutler #28604
To quote 'The Godfather' In my experience............. by Frank Lemire #28604.1
For what it's worth... by Zack Cutler #28604.1.1
Zack, here's the deal...... by Christopher Moroni #28604.2
SS's '59 Dodge is so bad an "up-top" 'vert version can't be released. The proportions are that bad! by Christopher Moroni #28604.2.1
Your review... by Zack Cutler #28604.2.2
Thanks Zack & yes I'm aware that Roger is oh so close to finishing his 1/12 Mark II. I love it! (EOM) by Christopher Moroni #28604.2.2.1
*** Hey Zack *** I went to the link .... my jaw hit the floor ... Wow!!!!!! (EOM) by Dennis Mong #28604.2.2.2

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone