Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by Paul Theriot, Devoted Collector (Paul T)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums – Forum 18 – Diecast Zone

Posted By: Dan Muldowney
Posted On: Monday March 18, 2019 at 2:46 PM

Hey Josh, it’s not just you. No two of the Zagato DB4 GT’s were exactly alike.
Now that being said, I have read somewhere in the past (maybe this forum) that the specific car CMC scanned to model their release on had some differences in the grill shape, roofline and in other features that made it unique even in the limited company of the 19 cars AM/Zagato originally created. It does look a bit different, because its subject car was unique.

There’s been a lot of debate over whether or not CMC should have found a DB4GT Zagato that is more representative of the appearance of the majority of the real cars produced. The same debate occurred around their Ferrari 250 GTO, which was modeled off of a car that had survived an accident and was rebuilt outside of the factory, so the lines of its nose are a bit lower and sharper than we would normally picture when we think of the real car.

Regarding either car, to me, CMC put out a beautiful release, and I’m happy to have them both in my collection!

Go back to Diecast Forums – Forum 18 – Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Pics- CMC Aston Martin DB4 GT Zagato by KIM WOO JIN #28761
Great photo shoot of an incredible, over the top by Josh Shy #28761.1
The DB4 and DB5 were definitely different in the roofline and other places. by Robert Bolin #28761.1.1
Hey Josh, it’s not just you. No two of the Zagato DB4 GT’s were exactly alike. by Dan Muldowney #28761.1.2
Very interesting story, thanks for sharing. (EOM) by Josh Shy #28761.1.2.1
Love it! (EOM) by Christopher Moroni #28761.2
OH ... That is Nice ... And the pix quality is Extremely Professional & Impressive (EOM) by Dennis Mong #28761.3

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone