Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by Paul Theriot, Devoted Collector (Paul T)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums – Forum 18 – Diecast Zone

Posted By: Marlowe Johnson
Posted On: Friday March 22, 2019 at 7:37 PM

PICS - This is my Prestige Series Porsche 997. However, it does feature a few.... modifications.
Years ago, a friend of mine and I were teasing each other who could build the best model car. So we decided to have a contest. We agreed that we’d buy the same model car, build, and modify them. Our build deadline was 2 months, and we agreed to have our wives judge our finished model cars and the winner. We bet $20.00.

We purchased the 1:8 scale Pocher Porsche as our contest model. The car cost $200.00. The plan for my model was as follows:

1. Operating head and tail lights
2. Operating brake light activated from the brake pedal
3. Upholstered interior
4. Chromed wheels
5. Detail the engine
6. Create a custom license plate
7. Tint the glass
8. Paint the brake calipers and drill rotors
9. Create a better CHMSL
10. Real glass mirrors

After spending approximately $1,000.00 on modifying and building my model, we never did have the contest for the $20.00! Along the way, as we both individually developed innovations for the models, we’d share with each other what we’d done so far. Ultimately, we both incorporated our individually developed elements into both models. It was a fun contest and I spun off 3 separate eBay businesses from this endeavor. Two of the three are still operating with people to whom I sold the businesses. The first is the "Before" image. The rest are the "After."

photo Before.jpg
 photo Porschefrontview2.jpg
 photo Porsche3quarterview.jpg
 photo Porschefront3qtrlitview.jpg
 photo Porschefront3qtrview.jpg
 photo Porschesideview.jpg
 photo Porschesideview3.jpg
 photo InteriorBrakePedalview.jpg
 photo BrakePedal.jpg
 photo doorjam.jpg
 photo MartysEngineInstalled.jpg
 photo PorscheDiscBrake2.jpg
 photo Untitled-2copy.jpg
 photo PorscheRearViewLow.jpg

Go back to Diecast Forums – Forum 18 – Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Pics-bauer mercedes benz 500k by KIM WOO JIN #28771
A knock out! (EOM) by Christopher Moroni #28771.1
Best up close pic's ever!! .. Hi detail, focused, clean - Great looking car as well ... WOW!!! by Dennis Mong #28771.2
Now thats a lotta model, looks fantastic, congratulations! (EOM) by Josh Shy #28771.3
Absolute perfection...both the model and the pictures. (EOM) by Bob Jackman #28771.4
Wow! That's awesome! What's the asking price for that treasure??? (EOM) by Alan Wright #28771.5
re: by KIM WOO JIN #28771.5.1
*** I just Fainted *** (EOM) by Dennis Mong #28771.5.1.1
I absolutely love this model. I have a half built Pocher of the Mercedes 540k. (EOM) by Marlowe Johnson #28771.6
Is it true there are 4M parts / pieces in a POCHER kit by Dennis Mong #28771.6.1
That would depend what kind of Pocher. They had two kinds. They were... by Marlowe Johnson #28771.6.1.1
Learned something new today ... What price level are we talking about here ?? (EOM) by Dennis Mong #28771.6.1.1.1
Prices range from $350 to $2,000. (EOM) by Marlowe Johnson #28771.6.1.1.1.1
PICS - This is my Prestige Series Porsche 997. However, it does feature a few.... modifications. by Marlowe Johnson #28771.6.1.2
Very impressive ... Very Impressive Indeed (EOM) by Dennis Mong #28771.6.1.2.1
Thank you, sir! (EOM) by Marlowe Johnson #28771.6.1.2.1.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone