Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by Paul Theriot, Devoted Collector (Paul T)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 18 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Marlowe Johnson
Posted On: Sunday May 12, 2019 at 11:38 PM

I have some opinions why posting here is sparse. WARNING: This is gonna hurt a bit.
Some think the diecast industry is dying. I'm not seeing that. The hobby isn't dying; The Zone is dying.

To be blunt, this website is archaic, old, and outdated. The Zone is a Model A trying to drive on a modern freeway. It can't keep up. Actually, I'm being kind. It's more like a horse and buggy with a whip. I think The Zone would be better served moving the entire platform to a Facebook Group Page. And yes, I know some do not FB but as the saying goes, "You can please some of the people all the time...." You know the rest.

And in its archaic, decrepit state, few young people are interested in coming here to post as they are bored to death. They'd rather spend their time on FB diecast groups where the audiences are enormous, diverse from all over the world, and all kinds of diecast cars are discussed. Photos are far easier to post, sizing and all of the attendant complexities required to post on The Zone are unnecessary on FB.

I don't blame the younger group that venture here and leave. I spend most of my diecast time on FB as it is imminently more enjoyable. And that's only because the FB platform is far more user-friendly. And it should too because it's modern. Consequently, there's a lot of individual participation from very diverse, vibrant, and robust memberships.

If the Zone moved to FB, they still could get the added advantage of advertising there as not only could they sell to the audience from The Zone but they would have exposure to thousands of collectors from all over the world. Holding on to this marketing dinosaur is costing Legacy big-time sales.

Please accept my apologies. As I warned, "...to be blunt."

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 18 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

*** JOSH *** by Dennis Mong #28885
I was educated on these cars at a young age, mostly by Josh Shy #28885.1
Josh sez ... "My goal with this is to get other people back to posting more" .... I so agree W / him (EOM) by Dennis Mong #28885.1.1
I have some opinions why posting here is sparse. WARNING: This is gonna hurt a bit. by Marlowe Johnson #28885.1.2
*** Marlowe *** I've been here over 19 years - It's still the same .... by Dennis Mong #28885.1.2.1
The problems with Facebook are many, although I post fairly regularly there. by Mike DeTorrice #28885.1.2.2
No FB or AMAZON for me ... To set in my ways ... Don't want to try new platforms by Dennis Mong #28885.1.2.2.1
Ha! I'm betting you were pulled away from your... by Marlowe Johnson #28885.1.2.2.1.1
HA ... I threw a temper tantrum when they took away my Motorola Flip !!!!! by Dennis Mong #28885.1.2.2.1.1.1
I understand, my wife and daughters are all on by Josh Shy #28885.1.2.2.2
This is my safe place as well ..... and by Dennis Mong #28885.1.2.2.2.1
LOL (EOM) by Josh Shy #28885.1.2.2.2.1.1
I don't Facebook and have no plans to sign up. My wife is on Facebook and by Rick Scoville #28885.1.2.3

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone