Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by Gene Parrill
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums – Forum 43 – Diecast Zone

Posted By: Volodymyr Sorokolat
Posted On: Monday December 3, 2018 at 6:36 AM

1/43 scale 1918 Cadillac Type 57 creating (Pic)
You can learn the reasoning behind the choice of the 1918 Cadillac for modeling while the first part of the batch of the models is being painted and assembled)))

Why I am Specifically Making the 1918 Cadillac

Henry Leland is guilty of everything. He created the company more than a hundred years ago; that has always inspired me. From the very beginning, the guys from Cadillac set their own rules of the game, built the reputation for accuracy and innovation, and carefully scrutinized automotive quality.

As a collector of scale models, I was very upset about the fact that these first 25 years of Cadillac’s work are hardly represented in smaller car copies, whether they are models or even toys. And to fill the collection with strange and unusual models from that period is I really wanted.

What was left to do? On one's own to undertake production of a copy of the early car with a folding roof: that being the 1918 Type 57 Phaeton. For some reason, I was sure that I were to make it just as good as the first Cadillac by Henry Leland, although, like Mr. Leland, I didn't do it myself until now.

Making of a high-quality model in one single copy is a very valuable undertaking. Therefore, the small batch for sale will pay for the production and will also have the benefit of pleasing other collectors.

Go back to Diecast Forums – Forum 43 – Diecast Zone

Message thread:

1/43 scale 1918 Cadillac Type 57 creating (Pic) by Volodymyr Sorokolat #24941
Superb! I have much enjoyed this process. Thank you (EOM) by John Roberts #24941.1
John Roberts thank you too (EOM) by Volodymyr Sorokolat #24941.1.1
...what John said. (EOM) by Christopher Moroni #24941.2
Amazing dedication and outstanding results ! (EOM) by Mike DeTorrice #24941.3
I haven't had a chance to take photos yet, but Vlad's model is even more impressive in person. by John Kuvakas #24941.4
Absolutely exquisite replicas! A sublime tribute to an important innovator. Awe-inspiring. (EOM) by Randall Olson #24941.5
Amazing tribute and results. A dedication of love and talent. Thanks so much for sharing. (EOM) by Jean Philippe Sergent #24941.6
Thanks to all for the assessment of my work (EOM) by Volodymyr Sorokolat #24941.7

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2018 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone