Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by Gene Parrill
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: John Roberts
Posted On: Thursday December 6, 2018 at 9:00 AM

There's no shortcut Ken. You could try high build primer..
which will help clog up the grain but it will then need sanding...and sanding...and sanding! With coats of paint in between. In addition you'll need to give the primer time to sink. What will appear a good finish will regress if you apply your paint too early and you'll find the wood grain coming through again. Pics attached of a wood model I made once - hope this helps. I'm sure others will have more suggestions for you also.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Resin surprised me too by Marius Woolley #24953
Great feedback, guys. I'll ask Patrick to comment. (EOM) by Karl Schnelle #24953.1
Patrick has many resin kits and he says the ... by Karl Schnelle #24953.1.1
I'm virtually certain Barry Lester didn't use resin... by John Roberts #24953.1.1.1
Barry Lester and resin by Fitzgerald Ireland #24953.1.1.2
That's right. The Beetle was a modified Dinky casting... by John Roberts #24953.1.1.2.1
Barry Lester and resin by Fitzgerald Ireland #24953.2
Also see John Roberts comment below. (EOM) by Karl Schnelle #24953.3
Underside pic - fullsize by Karl Schnelle #24953.4
Definitely wood! Dinky tyres and axles, scratch-built clear wheels with etched spokes (EOM) by John Roberts #24953.4.1
Speaking of wood, I am scratch building a model consisting by Ken Spear #24953.4.1.1
There's no shortcut Ken. You could try high build primer.. by John Roberts #24953.4.1.1.1
Pics attached to the above posting - forgot to say! (EOM) by John Roberts #24953.4.1.1.1.1
Thanks John. Just to explain, I am building this model (pic) by Ken Spear #24953.4.1.1.1.2
Great admiration for your work Ken - would love to see the build as you progress (EOM) by John Roberts #24953.4.1.1.1.2.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2018 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone