Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by Gene Parrill
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: David Holcombe
Posted On: Monday December 31, 2018 at 12:55 PM

Chrysler Ghia Falcon. 1955 concept (PICs)

The Chrysler Falcon was a two-seater roadster concept car designed by Virgil Exner and his staff, and built for Chrysler for the 1955 model year by the Italian firm of Ghia. Despite Exner's pleas, the car was never put into production. He and some Chrysler leaders wanted this Falcon as the basis for a competitor to the Ford Thunderbird and Chevrolet Corvette. Ghia built the original and, it seems, three others. One is in the Chrysler Museum and another, originally painted dark blue with white soft top, was sold in the U.S. and sent to Venezuela, where it stayed for long time before coming back to the United States. This BoS model is painted in a similar dark blue.

I found this model well assembled, with nice detailing of the dashboard. Held tightly to its base with two screws, one was rounded out and took a little extra effort to remove. Painted details are well done.

Looking for a Corvette and T-Bird for a comparison shot, I was surprised that I had no open '55-57 Thunderbird. Time to go shopping!

I think this model compares well with the original 1:1.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Chrysler Ghia Falcon. 1955 concept (PICs) by David Holcombe #25077
and my two GADM'S in 1:43 (PICS) by Joop Gisbers #25077.1
Interesting car - and some great models. Thanks for the interesting history David. (EOM) by Ken Smith #25077.1.1
Joop's pictures reduced from 1984 to 700 pixels horizontal by David Holcombe #25077.1.2
Too bad Exner didn't get his way; this would have sold very well IMO; better by Jack Dodds #25077.2
Matrix by Stanton Lyman #25077.3

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone