Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by Gene Parrill
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Harvey Goranson
Posted On: Tuesday January 1, 2019 at 9:38 AM

AutoCult 1946 Dodge Power Wagon "Brush Breaker"
A few days ago this new release hit my doorstep (without incident from holiday season porch pirates). Normally I restrict my fire apparatus buying to diecasts, but this resin model from AutoCult was just too damn appealing. It represents a vehicle used to clear a path for firefighting tankers and personnel in overgrown areas of Cape Cod. (I'm not familiar with the landscape issues in Cape Cod - perhaps David Knight can elaborate.) Anyway the steel tubing surrounding the Dodge must make short work of underbrush and small trees. Apparently this type of rig has a long history, and this one or its relatives can be seen here:

http://www.capecodfd.com/Pages%20Special/Breakers_06.htm

Excellent replica, though not quite like the restored example on the referenced webpage. Perhaps AutoCult had access to photos of another unit with a different license and door emblems. Nice details include the extinguishers, hose reel and portable pump, with a 200-gallon rectangular water tank replacing the pickup bed.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

AutoCult 1946 Dodge Power Wagon "Brush Breaker" by Harvey Goranson #25084
Very interesting model by Keko Romero #25084.1
I have thought about this and decided not to buy it. (EOM) by Joop Gisbers #25084.2
I want a 1:1 sans the brush stuff. I love the postwar Power Wagons. (EOM) by Robert Bolin #25084.3

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone